What did you build this week?

Latest project:

White Oak tabletop 6'x3' , CNC router for the water, then epoxy filled and sanded back smooth, then laser etched for the roads and topcoated
Shows Charleston SC

Pretty proud of this one not going to lie ;D

Attachments

• SIB (1 of 1).jpg
    SIB (1 of 1).jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 210
  • SIB (1 of 1)-2.jpg
    SIB (1 of 1)-2.jpg
    947.5 KB · Views: 198
  • SIB (1 of 1)-3.jpg
    SIB (1 of 1)-3.jpg
    836.6 KB · Views: 203
SONIC. said:
Latest project:

White Oak tabletop 6'x3' , CNC router for the water, then epoxy filled and sanded back smooth, then laser etched for the roads and topcoated
Shows Charleston SC

Pretty proud of this one not going to lie ;D

Gorgeous!

Thanks dudes.

Finished Klipsch beside the Rectilinears they replaced.

Attachments

• IMG_20190331_125844.jpg
    IMG_20190331_125844.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 209
Nice. Are you using the tweeters both speakers at the same time, if so you can get combing issues (something like standing waves). This would create uneven high frequency response.

Just haven't found a spot for the Rectilinears yet, they aren't currently hooked up.

Have not built anything yet but, from the photos you should be able to guess what the next project is.
Very Very happy with the Cebora 2060 Double Pulse MIG welder. It is the first time I can weld ally with confidence.

Attachments

• Cebora 2060.PNG
    Cebora 2060.PNG
    548.6 KB · Views: 731
  • Evinrude 130hp Etec.jpg
    Evinrude 130hp Etec.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 731
Where I am from it is either a beer or an aluminium boat. No one buys $20 worth of weed lol.

So, we picked up a HF benchtop blast cabinet the other day.
IMG_6010_zpsdiowdzm7.jpg

And I set out on performing a few upgrades before putting it into service.
Bulkhead style fitting for the feed air inlet...
IMG_6080_zpslxhf7g7v.jpg

"T" fitting inside the cabinet for a blow gun.
To help clean the part of dust and media before removing it from the cabinet...
IMG_6079_zpsmvstxwhu.jpg

LED puck lights...
IMG_6085_zpsfp45spg1.jpg

Hopper shaker, to keep the media moving toward the pickup tube...
IMG_6084_zpsukkai3dn.jpg

Both wired to individual switches, recessed into the cabinet...
IMG_6086_zps2hjwkt97.jpg

I have to pick up a couple a PVC fittings to attach the shop vac to the port on the side, but otherwise it's ready for use.

Redbird said:
So, we picked up a HF benchtop blast cabinet the other day.

Before you use it i would recommend sealing all the joints with plastidip or clear caulking. Mine leaked at nearly every seam. I also installed a shop vac filter over the air intake port to prevent any dust from escaping once you shut the vac off (thanks to trek97 on those mods)

I would recommend a cyclone separator before the shop vac. It will help to save any media from being sucked into the vacuum and you can reuse it. I got this one and attached it to a HD 5 gallon bucket: https://www.amazon.com/Efficiency-Cyclone-Collector-Separation-Accessories/dp/B07QL68J5P/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=dust+cyclone&qid=1557232726&s=gateway&sr=8-4

Do you have a link to the little shaker unit? That's definitely a mod I could use.

I would recommend you place it where leaked abrasive (it WILL leak, if only when placing parts in and out) can't get in sensitive bearings. And consider that glass beads, when shattered, are extremely sharp besides being part silicone (silicosis) they can lacerate lung and sinus tissue. I switched at work from glass bead to aluminum oxide grit, and my sinus infections no longer happened.

advCo said:
Before you use it i would recommend sealing all the joints with plastidip or clear caulking. Mine leaked at nearly every seam.

Even with the shop vac attached? Everything I'd read said that the shop vac creates enough negative pressure that the extra sealing wasn't necessary.

Thanks for the link to the inexpensive cyclone separator. I'll get that one on order. The recommendations I read called for the Dust Deputy, but at $60 I figured I'd wait and see how bad it clogged up the vac first :p
The hopper shaker I saw on one of the youtube mod vids...
https://youtu.be/RFUYl6Z6w9I
And this is the one I grabbed from eBay...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Uxcell-DC-12V-6200RPM-Vibrating-Vibration-Motor-For-Massage-Cushion/192807814652?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

pidjones said:
I would recommend you place it where leaked abrasive (it WILL leak, if only when placing parts in and out) can't get in sensitive bearings.
Thanks for the Heads Up. The intention was to use it outside of the shop, because of the expectation of the dust. But the warning on the glass media is great info. I'll be sure to wear a mask when working with the cabinet as well.

Back
Top Bottom