"the Mooch"

J-Rod10 said:
Now, I don't know whether he did what he was accused of, or not.

I've seen many speaking about his temperament. Maybe he is a sociopath.

I wonder, though, how any of the folks mentioning it would react if their career, spanning a couple unblemished decades, was blown up over night, and they were innocent?

I don't know about you, but I'd probably be pretty upset, and especially angry.

End of the day, the left, Feinstein specifically, screwed the pooch. He may be defeated in the final vote next week, and maybe he should be, I don't know. But, the spectacle the left has turned this in to is going to bite them next month.

When he gets confirmed it will bite the right. And of course, another tax break was pushed through as well. The right are looting the place before they get the boot. November is going to hurt if you support conservatives. I hope we get 8 years of Trump at this rate.

People get liberal and left confused more often then not. They are not the same thing. Also, this spectacle won't hurt Dems any more than the same spectacles hurt Tea Party Republicans. That's where they learned to do this shit.

Making headlines.

Progress continues to stagnate.

https://www.businessinsider.com/workers-wages-have-been-flat-to-lower-since-the-trump-tax-cuts-2018-8

That's one of your favorite sources.

"The 2% gain in nominal weekly median earnings from the second quarter of 2017 to the second quarter of 2018 was outpaced by inflation, which registered 2.7% over the same period, they note."

Re: "the Mooch"

datadavid said:
It takes very very special people to cry about drug dealers getting shot in some banana republic far far away. I would not shed one tear if i woke up tomorrow and found out all rapists, killers and gang members in my country had been murdered and turned to dust. We are better off without them.

Skickat från min Pixel via Tapatalk

You're missing the point, as usual. The extrajudicial nature of this means that there were hundreds or more likely thousands of innocent people murdered without any cause, who were not guilty of any crimes, including the one they were accused of. Many were also political enemies who were eliminated. Say you were in some podunk northern European country, and somebody came up to you and shot you or a loved one in the back of the head for no reason other than your name matched up with someone else who was a notorious drug dealer, or you were in the way of a business deal, or they mistook you for someone else, or they jsut wanted you dead. And they got away with it because you or your loved one were then claimed to be a drug dealer.

I have Filipino friends and colleagues. Just because your vision, your list of friends, and your outlook on the world and others around you (including your deep seated racism) is so narrow minded, doesn't mean everyone else's is too, and thankfully so. Weren't you praising Hitler a few months ago?

J-Rod10 said:
Now, I don't know whether he did what he was accused of, or not.

I've seen many speaking about his temperament. Maybe he is a sociopath.

I wonder, though, how any of the folks mentioning it would react if their career, spanning a couple unblemished decades, was blown up over night, and they were innocent?

I don't know about you, but I'd probably be pretty upset, and especially angry.

End of the day, the left, Feinstein specifically, screwed the pooch. He may be defeated in the final vote next week, and maybe he should be, I don't know. But, the spectacle the left has turned this in to is going to bite them next month.

You can't actually believe Kavanaugh over Blasey Ford, can you? He lied last Thursday about his drinking, about what the stupid shit he wrote in his yearbook meant, he was combatative with those who were asking him simple questions, he exuded Ivy league privilege, and he showed his temperament was not fit for the job. That Republicans are still pushing to get him on the Court is insane. Are there no other candidates that don't have any standing accusation of sexual assault, alcohol problems, lying, and temperament issues that are fit for the Court? As it has been repeated in a lot of places, this was supposed to be like a job interview. Would you hire a candidate like that for a lifetime position? The Republican men on the committee hiring a woman prosecutor (who they refered to repeatedly as "an assistant") to ask their questions for them was crazy too. If you are on a committee that is supposed to ask questions of candidates -- in other words, if that is your job -- you'd better be able to do it. There are more women accusing him, but the Republicans are preventing them from testifying. They are limiting the scope and ability of the FBI to investigate the matter. If you were innocent -- similar to how if Trump was innocent of the charges he is being investigated for -- wouldn't you welcome a complete investigation, no matter how long it took, so you wouldn't have the cloud of being the "most rapiest" Supreme Court Judge, pushing aside Thomas in that role?

The message that the Republicans are sending is that it's ok to commit acts such as these when you are a teenager.

The idea that this is somehow going to backfire on Democrats is crazy from my perspective too. It won't sway strong Dems or Reps in any way, but I assure you it will sway undecided or people who don't identify strongly with either party -- especially women and people who care about how women are treated.

This was an absolute shitshow.

Nah im just reaally really aligned with the u.n climate goals. They say we need to reduce human population to 700k globally. Why not start with the human trash? I wont exclude myself from this stinking pile of rotting flesh, i dont have that many good years left anyway. All for a healthy planet for the next generation. You on the other hand are just a self righteous prissy piece of shit. Go choke on your own turds since you think they smell so damn good.
carnivorous chicken said:
You're missing the point, as usual. The extrajudicial nature of this means that there were hundreds or more likely thousands of innocent people murdered without any cause, who were not guilty of any crimes, including the one they were accused of. Many were also political enemies who were eliminated. Say you were in some podunk northern European country, and somebody came up to you and shot you or a loved one in the back of the head for no reason other than your name matched up with someone else who was a notorious drug dealer, or you were in the way of a business deal, or they mistook you for someone else, or they jsut wanted you dead. And they got away with it because you or your loved one were then claimed to be a drug dealer.

I have Filipino friends and colleagues. Just because your vision, your list of friends, and your outlook on the world and others around you (including your deep seated racism) is so narrow minded, doesn't mean everyone else's is too, and thankfully so. Weren't you praising Hitler a few months ago?

datadavid said:
Nah im just reaally really aligned with the u.n climate goals. They say we need to reduce human population to 700k globally. Why not start with the human trash? I wont exclude myself from this stinking pile of rotting flesh, i dont have that many good years left anyway. All for a healthy planet for the next generation. You on the other hand are just a self righteous prissy piece of shit. Go choke on your own turds since you think they smell so damn good.

Adults are trying to have a conversation here. Misanthropes and racists should excuse themselves.

carnivorous chicken said:
You can't actually believe Kavanaugh over Blasey Ford, can you? He lied last Thursday about his drinking, about what the stupid shit he wrote in his yearbook meant, he was combatative with those who were asking him simple questions, he exuded Ivy league privilege, and he showed his temperament was not fit for the job. That Republicans are still pushing to get him on the Court is insane. Are there no other candidates that don't have any standing accusation of sexual assault, alcohol problems, lying, and temperament issues that are fit for the Court? As it has been repeated in a lot of places, this was supposed to be like a job interview. Would you hire a candidate like that for a lifetime position? The Republican men on the committee hiring a woman prosecutor (who they refered to repeatedly as "an assistant") to ask their questions for them was crazy too. If you are on a committee that is supposed to ask questions of candidates -- in other words, if that is your job -- you'd better be able to do it. There are more women accusing him, but the Republicans are preventing them from testifying. They are limiting the scope and ability of the FBI to investigate the matter. If you were innocent -- similar to how if Trump was innocent of the charges he is being investigated for -- wouldn't you welcome a complete investigation, no matter how long it took, so you wouldn't have the cloud of being the "most rapiest" Supreme Court Judge, pushing aside Thomas in that role?

The message that the Republicans are sending is that it's ok to commit acts such as these when you are a teenager.

The idea that this is somehow going to backfire on Democrats is crazy from my perspective too. It won't sway strong Dems or Reps in any way, but I assure you it will sway undecided or people who don't identify strongly with either party -- especially women and people who care about how women are treated.

This was an absolute shitshow.
You seem to be inferring a good bit there. All named by Dr. Ford have said either didn't happen, or they don't recall, including a long time best friend, who she then proceeded to throw under the bus in front of the world as mentally ill.

Then, we had this bit. The whole I can't come, I'm deathly afraid to fly but. Meanwhile she flies around the world, regularly.
https://youtu.be/Zd5t8m_-SS0

Refute the claims, not the character. Ford isn't even eligible to be a Supreme Court Judge. There's no need to worry about her character.

The circumstances however brought out interesting conflicts in the story presented by the eligible candidate.

The way Kavanaugh displayed himself in that hearing should say everything everyone needs to know about his qualifications as a Supreme Court judge. The injustice is that he wasn't put to task earlier in his career. I don't care what this is putting him through. As a Supreme Court judge, he should be able to handle it. Just the simple fact that he played that hearing the way Trump told him to suggests he will easily be swayed by political pressure.

irk miller said:
The way Kavanaugh displayed himself in that hearing should say everything everyone needs to know about his qualifications as a Supreme Court judge. The injustice is that he wasn't put to task earlier in his career. I don't care what this is putting him through. As a Supreme Court judge, he should be able to handle it. Just the simple fact that he played that hearing the way Trump told him to suggests he will easily be swayed by political pressure.

Agreed.

J-Rod10 said:
You seem to be inferring a good bit there. All named by Dr. Ford have said either didn't happen, or they don't recall, including a long time best friend, who she then proceeded to throw under the bus in front of the world as mentally ill.

Then, we had this bit. The whole I can't come, I'm deathly afraid to fly but. Meanwhile she flies around the world, regularly.
https://youtu.be/Zd5t8m_-SS0

My sister is deathly afraid to fly, but she does when she has to for work. But seriously -- isn't that grasping at straws?

Kavanaugh lied, demonstrably. Kavanaugh blew his top on live TV. Kavanaugh blamed democrats and Hillary Clinton -- do you think he will adjudicate matters of policy and politics fairly in the future?

This whole nonsense about Kavanaugh's life being "ruined" is nonsense. He isn't owed a seat on the Supreme Court, despite what his privilege might tell him. Blasey Ford had everything to lose -- she faces death threats, she's had to hide herself, she gave testimony knowing that most people would write her off and likely vote to confirm Kavanaugh. The notion that this is some political conspiracy by the democrats is ridiculous -- why didn't Gorsuch face such accusations? Blasey Ford's history is not one of deep political engagement.

Again, if Kavanaugh is so convinced of his innocence -- even though classmates remember him as hard drinking, stumbling drunk, and it's not a stretch to assume that he blacked out -- a thorough and not rushed investigation will prove his innocence, clear his name, and erase the cloud he will have over his head should he join the court under these circumstances.

I'm curious why so many people on the right are rushing to defend him, and rushing to get him confirmed. Despite my feelings about Flake, it seems like he is one of the few Republicans to want to do the right thing, and only then when confronted by women appealing to him to hear their voices.

A lifetime appointment of a justice that will vote on behalf of Republican mandates. They won't even have to pay him off. What's not to love?

Sav0r said:
Refute the claims, not the character. Ford isn't even eligible to be a Supreme Court Judge. There's no need to worry about her character.

The circumstances however brought out interesting conflicts in the story presented by the eligible candidate.
Her claims were refuted, by those she claimed to be present. As far as character, if she lied about fear of travel, why do you think she wouldn't lie about this?

Flying all over the world on vacation is hardly traveling for work.

Personally, I think something happened to her. I don't think it was Kav that it happened with.

J-Rod10 said:
Her claims were refuted, by those she claimed to be present. As far as character, if she lied about fear of travel, why do you think she wouldn't lie about this?

Flying all over the world on vacation is hardly traveling for work.

Personally, I think something happened to her. I don't think it was Kav that it happened with.

It's easy to see the motivations behind those who were present and claiming to support Kavanauh -- Kavanaugh himself and Judge. Judge didn't refute Blasey Ford, he said he had no recollection. So those were the three people in room.

Others in the house included Keyser and Smyth, although they were allegedly downstairs. Keyser first said she refuted it, then said she believes Blasey Ford, her memory notwithstanding. Smyth claims he has no memory of the incident.

So the only person who is saying 100% that it didn't happen is Kavanaugh. These distinctions matter.

And again -- why would Blasey Ford do this, given the repercussions she is facing? Why would others make the same claims? Why would Kavanaugh's classmates at Georgetown and Yale say that he's lying about his drinking habits? We know why Kavanaugh wants to deny it.

And another tidbit -- Kavanaugh claimed he got into Yale solely because of his hard work, another lie -- he was a legacy admission.

If we erased partisan politics from this, would anyone support him for the Supreme Court? Honestly?

Back
Top Bottom