72 CL100, Piglet

Re: Rachels, 72 CL100, FIRST RIDE, WOOHOO

haircuttergirl said:
Woohoo!!
I just took my 400f for a spin for the first time, too. Celebrations all around! :D

YeeHaw! But we need to see some video proof! lol Once I get this 100 all slippery and sexy like, Ill be looking to trade for a 400f. Just sayin ;) kidding, 1 Jack Russel terrier, 2 redheads and 3 carbs in my life is enough! ::)

trek97 said:
YeeHaw! But we need to see some video proof! lol Once I get this 100 all slippery and sexy like, Ill be looking to trade for a 400f. Just sayin ;) kidding, 1 Jack Russel terrier, 2 redheads and 3 carbs in my life is enough! ::)
There is video. The most exciting one is the one where I stall the bike out on the first try. ;) hahaha

Then the rest of the videos are RIDING!

(I updated my build thread finally, too.)

haircuttergirl said:
There is video. The most exciting one is the one where I stall the bike out on the first try. ;) hahaha

LOL I too stalled the bike, As I was pulling out of the garage...the first time.

I guess I shoulda added a caption to my vid. "This video has been edited for Stalling on take off, cussing then laughing!"

Good news, talking w a buddy this morning. An Old and I mean OLD, Honda enthusiast. Told me he has a couple parts ordered for his blasting cabinet. He will call me (next week) and I should have unlimited access to his glass bead blasting cabinet + his larger outdoor Black Beauty setup...for the frame. ;D

You really do meet the nicest people on Hondas!

Time to tear this thing down.

trek97 said:
LOL I too stalled the bike, As I was pulling out of the garage...the first time.

I guess I shoulda added a caption to my vid. "This video has been edited for Stalling on take off, cussing then laughing!"
So glad I'm not the only one ;D Except I was just laughing my butt off.

trek97 said:
Good news, talking w a buddy this morning. An Old and I mean OLD, Honda enthusiast. Told me he has a couple parts ordered for his blasting cabinet. He will call me (next week) and I should have unlimited access to his glass bead blasting cabinet + his larger outdoor Black Beauty setup...for the frame. ;D

Time to tear this thing down.
AWESOME!

trek97 said:

Truth. Working with my garage door open has attracted several stoppers-by- all older guys that have been into bikes since they were kids. Turns out in my little neighborhood, I have 8 guys that have these things, mostly 80's or older and mostly rice burners. It's really cool. Who'd-a-thought this is how I would meet the neighbors?

I met ALL my neighbors when I had the glass packs installed...we are not speaking. ;D

I see a lot of people peeking in at me working, but no body has stopped yet. Except the mailman who just gave me a sad grin and a hello as I kept trying to kick it over.

JB77 said:
I see a lot of people peeking in at me working, but no body has stopped yet. Except the mailman who just gave me a sad grin ans a hello as I kept trying to kick it over.
I'm pretty sure anyone driving by that witnessed me trying to kick mine over yesterday got a good laugh.

Re: Re: Rachels, 72 CL100, FIRST RIDE, WOOHOO

I live at the end of a cul-de-sac, and everyone knows I own a few bikes.

There's only 1 or 2 other peeps who own Harleys and that's it.

These peeps around here just keep to themselves.

My tire guy said he might be free tomorrow evening to pull tires off rims. I had to hurry and get the wheels off after work this evening...and just kept going. 8)

Heres to hoping she goes back together in 2 hours and 10 minutes. ::)

11494-260515202719.jpeg

So agenda for tomorrow, leave work take wheels to Tims house and use his tools to remove from rims...toss them in car....head south 5 miles to Bromz house and give him a hand w his KZ1000 then 12 miles back home to pull forks, harness and swing arm....another cold dinner.

Im getting too old for this shit. gotta love it. ;)

Re: Rachels, 72 CL100, Clean up

Tim the tire guy, stood by w lots of instruction while I stripped the tires off, using his tools. Dudes a wonderful guy.

this morning I got to work on bearings. After a bunch of cussing. Got the rear out. The front will wait til I get home from work. New bearings on standby til after clean up.

11494-280515052449.jpeg

You should use that Evapo-Rust on that Estwing sledge.

deviant said:
You should use that Evapo-Rust on that Estwing sledge.

Ha! Thats a waste of good evapo-rust! Thats my favorite tool ever. 3 pounder, Bought that when I first got into the elevator union $$. I was doing construction and used it ALOT! I actually bent it! Been a good old hammer.

After spending an hour messing around. I made a tool (punch). Ive had an old extra-long allen wrench in the back of the toolbox. I Cut off the end, ground other w a little flange on 2 sides (incase one broke). I was then able to catch it between tube and bearing race. Dang thing actually worked great! 8) Popped them right out, easy peasy. W the 1 pound hammer.

11494-280515184830-113840.jpeg

11494-280515184830-11391659.jpeg

and I win. ;D

11494-280515184830-11191017.jpeg

For Sale, Rare Honda CL100, $5500
Ran when parked, This is a 3 kick bike, Only needs finishing. Got too many projects. (need to clean garage) ;)

11494-290515053223.jpeg

This morning i pulled swing, forks, triples. Just need to finish up harness and air/tool box.

Can any of you 100 builders, tell me.

Do I need to pull the bolts out of lowers to disassemble them? I did on the 360 but I think I found I didnt "HAVE" too.

thanks

Re: Re: Rachels, 72 CL100, Clean up

trek97 said:
Can any of you 100 builders, tell me.

Do I need to pull the bolts out of lowers to disassemble them? I did on the 360 but I think I found I didnt "HAVE" too.

thanks

No, I tried, but figured I didn't need to, but I don't know what keeps them together, once reassembled.

Someone whose more knowledgeable than I am, hopefully will chime in.

Back
Top Bottom