Enduro GR- break her down for parts.......

Re: Enduro GR- wheel progress......

Thanks Rook!

I still have the original headers (before the crossover), some random mid-pipes, and some short megaphones. The mufflers have the original GR baffles shoved in, so it will sound fairly close to stock.

peteGS said:
Lovin' those wheels Rich!

If I'm ever motivated enough I might start looking for some spokes for the 450... unlikely though as I'm just having too much fun riding her every day to take any down time :D

Keep riding, Pete. You waited 10 years for the opportunity. Spokes will be there when you are ready...in another 10 or so.

oldrookie said:
Keep riding, Pete. You waited 10 years for the opportunity. Spokes will be there when you are ready...in another 10 or so.

Yes so true! Hahaha... if I do this it will probably be when I have another one in the stable to ride... but that's going to be some time away... ::)

Besides Pete, you have that Ducati (?) to work on as well......... how's that one coming along?

Nothing real exciting here - but my new oil pan came in the other day. The one that was mounted originally had been cracked by the PO somehow. I think something hit the drain bolt which caused a crack to form around it, and they tried to over tighten the "leaking" bolt. After the threads stripped, it was heli-coiled. Which also leaked oil. Basically, this poor bike marked it's territory everywhere.

Great looking pan for cheap!
photobucket-6331-1331503078561.jpg

Big Rich said:
Besides Pete, you have that Ducati (?) to work on as well......... how's that one coming along?

Nothing real exciting here - but my new oil pan came in the other day. The one that was mounted originally had been cracked by the PO somehow. I think something hit the drain bolt which caused a crack to form around it, and they tried to over tighten the "leaking" bolt. After the threads stripped, it was heli-coiled. Which also leaked oil. Basically, this poor bike marked it's territory everywhere.

Great looking pan for cheap!
photobucket-6331-1331503078561.jpg

That sounds like a royal PITA Rich, glad you got yourself a new pan instead! There's a few things I'm paranoid about when doing a service... that's one of them and the other is stripping the oil filter cover studs. I know both can be recovered from but I just don't wanna go there if I can avoid it...

As for the Ducati, yep that's next. Got the fly screen done, working on securing the battery a bit better, and ordered my Acewell today. The only other thing I want for the GS is a carry rack, so once those things are done I'm going to call it good and move on to the Duc :)

Rich, this thing is wrong is all the right ways! THis thing needs to be camouflaged. NEEDS.
It also needs hashmarks for zombie kills......

I...have not been paying enough attention to this thread. Man, this thing looks like a riot!

Ha! Thanks fellas. There was some talk of making spare wheel mounts where the saddle bag mounts are now. Street tires for the trip, dirt tires for the destination.........but that's in the far future (if at all).

Camo and zombie hash marks? Too easy! How about a sidecar hack with a Ruger 10/22 gatling mount? It will get you thinking Swag.........

Ya know...I DO have a spare hydraulic motor and pump here somewhere.....I see a 2wd zombie eradication rig coming!

Just a final update on this: I've decided to break this project down and use the parts for another project. These GR parts are pretty hard to come by, and it will be nice to have some spares sitting on the shelf.

However, if everything works out over the next week or so, I will have a use for most of the "universal" parts on here..........

That would be the best thing to do.I've noticed a decrease in GR's and parts for sale recently.

Agreed it's a tad disappointing Rich... but if your plan comes together that would definitely be awesome :D

Back
Top Bottom