DTT Barber Build 2012

Think about a paint scheme/colors. I think its very feasible to get some spray on it. There is a local store that is pretty good about mixing paint orders pretty quick but I would rather have it mixed and waiting before the weekend.

Mike, here's the tanks I have:

stock cb450
100_0959.jpg

cb500f
100_0976.jpg

and a cl360
100_0966.jpg

These are just the ones I already have pics of, I may have a couple more that I forgot about.......

Barbers museum in Alabama. Google it.......then you'll want to go in the worst way.

Oh, and he's doubling the size of the museum BTW - another building in-field of the track connected by a bridge if I'm not mistaken.

Don't think they've broken ground yet though - apparently that happens sometime this year but no recent news.

http://blog.al.com/businessnews/2012/01/barber_motorsports_museum_expa.html

Yes they're supposed to break ground very soon. Was just there for the Indy races and they're clearing out things already. Supposed to double the size of the museum.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yep, he's going to be able to show off more than the 10% of his collection at one time? I can't remember the % on display but it was low and boggled my mind what was in storage out of site.

I felt like I needed a whole day to walk around that place as it is. I can't imagine it doubled.

john83 said:
I felt like I needed a whole day to walk around that place as it is. I can't imagine it doubled.

Yeah.. this year I'm setting aside two EXTRA days for Barber.. Just couldn't take it all in last year.

Deviant1 said:
I just thought this needed to quoted since I spit my coffee when I read it.

I laughed too, but my hands were feeling like two balloons at the moment and I couldn't type.

Damn, make fun of the guy that just slid off of a mountain for worrying about safety. Now I'm definitely putting my taillight back on so I can ride in front of you and blind your ass.

I think your new tank badges say it all.

:)

Kanticoy said:
That bike you posted....sick. I'm in it to win it. That's a stock 450 tank if i'm not mistaken....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yes, that is the stock CB450 tank. My bike came with a crappy CL tank with lots of bondo and it leaks.

Someone asked about color scheme. Nixon's color scheme was satin black and brushed metal. almost all of the silver bits you see in the pics are actually brushed except for the bars and exhaust which were chrome. I didnt have any other colors on Nixon except for the tail light and turn signals. I would be willing to add a splash of color to this build. Maybe some red somewhere?

Right now, unless I can find a 21 rim to lace to my hub, I think I am going to stick with the 19 front wheel. That means that I would need to get another 19" rim. I think the spokes may be OK. I will have to check them. It looks like the spokes are still straight and just the edge of the rim rolled in.

If nobody has one laying around, do you suppose it would be easy to find one at the swapmeet? I thought it would be cool to show how we rebuild wheels (lacing/truing) at the show. HA! I could even use my ghetto truing stand.

DSC00183.JPG

DSC00184.JPG

Hey Mike I'm sorry to hear of your accident. Glad you're OK. I broke my leg on the supermoto the weekend before. I had a few ideas. What if you figured out what length of spoke you needed and ordered them and bought a rim at the swap meet and then we could build the wheel over the weekend? If not I know I have a clean rim in the garage. I also think it would be possible to modify the frame over the weekend. We could weld it at Kiley's over night. Just some ideas.

I have a 19" wheel here as well. It's crusty but straight and true with good bearings. It is laced to a disk hub though. And any welding, etc. is no problem. We will have the TIG and plasma in by then.

Travis, sorry to hear about your leg. I saw you posted that somewhere here. Sounded like that is a common supermoto injury.

Yes, I think we would have time to do all of the welding and grinding. As long as we have what we are going to do planned out.

Back
Top Bottom