DTT Barber Build 2012

JustinLonghorn said:
Just don't start drinking until the welding/grinding is finished. Ha.

Just those actually doing though right? The rest of us can start at like 10 am or so as usual right? ;D

Wow Flug, I stay off the computer for a couple of days and things just explode!

Those pix of Nixon make me sad, but he will rise again. I think this is a great idea.

A bobber you say? You can have my chopper tank if you want it. Already painted and everything (with a few minor dings)

If you pass I don't blame you, but it's yours for the asking.

CC

DSC01865.jpg

DSC01868.jpg

DSC01867.jpg

I have just witnessed first hand how far the quality of work goes down after consuming a case of beer.

CCRider: That tank right there is absolute 90's GOLD! I feel like I need to go listen to some Sublime and down a 6'er of Red Dog. Hahaha! I still don't know whether Barbers is going to work out for me or not this year. I'm kind of in the beginning stages of planning a move and work scheduling and all, I won't hijack the thread with the details, but if I can make it, I'll bring the workshop with me and you can have my cheap ass labor as much as needed.

Oh man Chris. That tank is.............ummmm.

I think that same design was on my OP shorts or my trapper keeper. :)

Ah, thanks for the offer but I don't think that is the look I'm going for.

Hopefully you can make it and help resurrect Nixon. I think this will be a blast.

Since I can't move my arm, I can't start taking her apart yet to confirm the parts are ok. We've got time.

Chris, that tank is awesome! However, I think it'll be dangerous to ride a bike while wearing parachute pants.

So Trek97 has stepped up and is sending me some drag bars (no not the kind with martinis and ladyboys) since he is not sure if he will make it to Barber.

Still lots of stuff needed. What do you guys think about the foot pegs/controls? Just go back to stock? Any other cool ideas? I do not have a stock left peg, shift arm or right break pedal. I cut the left peg off (still have it though), shortened the shift arm for the rearsets and sold the break pedal. I think I still have the right foot peg.

Maybe weld on some MX pegs or something?

I'm going to try and fire up the engine this weekend to make sure it is still OK. Then I can start taking bits off.

Maybe something simple like this? Kinda remind me of the pegs on my old Diamondback.

pegs_full_knurl450.jpg

If ya don't like Von's, I've got a set of knurled BMX type pegs I can throw in the mix as well, one even still has the drum brake pedal assembly hooked up to it.

Theyre vintage 70s chopper fold up pegs. NOS still in the orig box. Badass. Still have the orig 4.99 price tag.

VonYinzer said:
Theyre vintage 70s chopper fold up pegs. NOS still in the orig box. Badass. Still have the orig 4.99 price tag.
Bitchin'

I've got an entire stock peg set up too if you need to cannibalize it. Including shift and brake arms.

With all these parts being slung Mike's way, we could probably build 3 bikes at Barber's...

Back
Top Bottom