new guy with new project

i pulled the plugs a few times to see if they were wet with gas and they look good. they arent new but they arent crusty either. i checked the timing under the gen cover as suggested and as far as i can tell its good. ill see about getting a pic of the points. ill have to see if my buddy can take one for me, its at his house.

I can't remember if you said it or not, but were the carbs scrubbed and valves adjusted too? And what about the sparks from the plugs? Hopefully they are nice and bright.

the spark look great. i took the carbs apart abd cleaned them out but that doesnt ruleanything out cuz i really dont know what im doing.lol i did however try shooting a little gas directly into the carbs and still no difference. but the valves i havnt done anything with. i can find the tolerances but i cant find the adjusting procedure. thanks for all your help!

The valves should be an easy procedure. There's videos on youtube for general reference as well. Try checking them out first and don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Big R said:
The valves should be an easy procedure. There's videos on youtube for general reference as well. Try checking them out first and don't hesitate to ask any questions.
[/quote
oh im not afraid to ask questions! lol. thanks for all the directions. it will probly be next weekend before i can get back to check the valves and such, in the mean time ill be researching. i did some chopping while we were taking a break from all the kicking. i will post pics as soon as i figure out how.lol

Back
Top Bottom