78 kz400 cafe build

What color should I paint my headlight bucket?????

• Red

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • White

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Silver

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Silver with red and white stripes (match tank)

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, I figured they were. Like I said, I'll just have to get a few and try em out.

I might have to get me a set of those shocks. Budgets low at the moment, but I'll get em eventually.

Thanks again for you're time. I really do appreciate it.

Amazing build! I've been cruising DTT and the rest of the interwebs for the last few months looking for inspiration for my upcoming build. I have a 79 kz400 that I have started collecting pieces for. I ran across pics of your bike in a google search and drooled all over them. Saved a couple to my phone to show people what I wanted to do to mine actually lol. About the 30th time I looked at the article the google pics linked to I noticed it had a link to your build thread here! So I just blazed through it. Outstanding. Your build just became the #1 inspiration for mine.

Wow that really means a lot man! Thanks..... I did the same thing when I was building my bike. I'm glad my creation can help someone else finish theirs. Good luck to you.

Chuck.leis said:
Amazing build! I've been cruising DTT and the rest of the interwebs for the last few months looking for inspiration for my upcoming build. I have a 79 kz400 that I have started collecting pieces for. I ran across pics of your bike in a google search and drooled all over them. Saved a couple to my phone to show people what I wanted to do to mine actually lol. About the 30th time I looked at the article the google pics linked to I noticed it had a link to your build thread here! So I just blazed through it. Outstanding. Your build just became the #1 inspiration for mine.

MILLENNIUM FALCON said:
I rebuilt my Master cylinder, mounted my caliper and installed new hose and fittings. One more thing off the list!!! 8)
001-7.jpg
002-10.jpg

Out of curiosity, how did the banjo bolt/pressure switch work out for you? From the photos it looks like it allowed you to ditch the three way splitter behind the headlight and run a brake line from the master cylinder all the way to the caliper (no pipe bride either?) I suppose this allowed for the added clearance to drop the headlight all the way down?

Aloha Millennium

I'm so glad U referred me to Ur build. What a great build to read & a cool bike. Congrats on the BOTM award.

I must say , I believe Ur grandfather would be proud of the skill U have shown in the use of his tools ! ! Great work

I don't ride anymore but Ur thread has made me want to go out & get a bike to build.

Thank you Daroska! That means a lot to me. sounds like you need to build something so you can get back out riding again!

Daroska said:
Aloha Millennium

I'm so glad U referred me to Ur build. What a great build to read & a cool bike. Congrats on the BOTM award.

I must say , I believe Ur grandfather would be proud of the skill U have shown in the use of his tools ! ! Great work

I don't ride anymore but Ur thread has made me want to go out & get a bike to build.

Back
Top Bottom