the Black Knight, a 400four tale.

Re: Black Knight...First ride video.

3DogNate said:
Nice. My garage is one cold bitch in the winter.

This forum needs a software upgrade so that we can get “Like” buttons.
11494-200816163635.png

ridesolo said:
make sure you crack a window or door open

In my drafty old garage "fume collection" is not an issue. ;D

trek97 said:
In my drafty old garage "fume collection" is not an issue. ;D

I hear ya, but if you start getting a headache get some fresh air pretty kwik!

:-[

People die every winter from indoor heater carbon monoxide poisoning, don't chance it, get a detector(s) installed properly and have proper ventilation, this type of poisoning can sneak up on you.

Or move to Georgia, like me, where you don't need that shit.

Ill pick up a carbon monoxide detector. thanks for caring guys.

trek97 said:
Ill pick up a carbon monoxide detector. thanks for caring guys.

Jeez, dude... Care? Did I say anything about caring? Man, some people, give 'em an inch and they take a mile! Care!?!? Bah, humbug! ;D

ridesolo said:
Jeez, dude... Care? Did I say anything about caring? Man, some people, give 'em an inch and they take a mile! Care!?!? Bah, humbug! ;D

Rach just got home w new for garage and house.

11494-041218150310.jpeg

Most garages aren't air tight enough to have to worry too much, anyway. I wouldn't stress out too much about it. Propane appliance are set to run at ideal burn, which produces very little, to no CO. Ideal burn is 1:24 propane to air. CO is produced by incomplete combustion of the propane, so if the unit is lean or rich CO occurs. You need to reach more than 70ppm of CO to start to feel effects, so I think even a slightly drafty garage and a brand new, well made propane heater will be just fine. You should always have a CO detector whenever propane or natural gas is your heat source, but the panic in this tread is a little much. I run my kilns off of propane and intentionally throw them into reduction (rich) and somehow I still live, breath and walk.

My garage is the same way Irk...lol its a little drafty. I run a natural gas wall mount heater and I'm not dead yet.

And, it does get cold as a witch's tit here in Georgia.

When you're old, fat and ugly, 50 is cold.

And drafty garages, do contribute to the cold and freaking heat .

irk miller said:
Most garages aren't air tight enough to have to worry too much, anyway. ...but the panic in this tread is a little much.

No panic here... I guess my shop is well sealed because I absolutely have to open a window or the door a bit or else the fumes get pretty strong and headache-causing within a few minutes after lighting it up. It heats up pretty well, though and a slow turning ceiling fan keeps the heat circulated fairly evenly.

irk miller said:
Most garages aren't air tight enough to have to worry too much, anyway. I wouldn't stress out too much about it. Propane appliance are set to run at ideal burn, which produces very little, to no CO. Ideal burn is 1:24 propane to air. CO is produced by incomplete combustion of the propane, so if the unit is lean or rich CO occurs. You need to reach more than 70ppm of CO to start to feel effects, so I think even a slightly drafty garage and a brand new, well made propane heater will be just fine. You should always have a CO detector whenever propane or natural gas is your heat source, but the panic in this tread is a little much. I run my kilns off of propane and intentionally throw them into reduction (rich) and somehow I still live, breath and walk.

Sorry, yes, propane produces mainly CO2 but this can kill you too, I wouldn't take a chance. People have even died in drafty tents when using heaters like this. Better to be proactive and have a good margin of safety, follow manufacturers recommendations.

And, the headaches are from CO2. Thousands of ex-Navy submariners can attest to the high CO2 headaches when our scrubbers went down. Not quite as deadly as CO, and will let you know when it's high (by the headache). Lore has it that it also causes premature gray hair. Hey, when you had to breathe the same recycled farts from ~144 men for ~75 days at a time, you learned about these things.

I have gotten woozy running bikes in here to long without "both" doors fully open. So it will be good for that.

Not to belabour the point but this occurred in Vancouver today, 13 people rushed to hospital, two in serious condition one of which is expected to die, 17 poisonings in Vancouver during this cold snap:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vancouver-carbon-monoxide-1.4934417

Re: Black Knight...Side job.

Working to get a few Christmas gifts ready.

11494-171218063320-4759198.jpeg

11494-171218063320-47601494.jpeg

11494-171218063320-47611588.jpeg

Managing to get a bit done whilst waiting for new cordage and switches and stuff.

Fresh brake buttoned up and fender fitted.

11494-171218063320-47621351.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom