Wakey, wakey UK - Christmas is over

I was thinking the same Beach.....everyone is hibernating.
Things much the same down here in East Kent....plenty to do. We are building a T500 powered street scrambler...upswept pipes, and semi off road tyres etc. It's coming on ok. We have another GT500 cafe near done, and we also want to refurb my T500 cafe racer, and build a set of our own pipes for our Kettle cafe to replace the current Allspeeds. We picked up quite a few orders since Christmas too...the trouble is the workshop is so bitter cold, it really doesn't inspire me to be out there working. The sheet stainless reacts badly to the cold, and becomes reluctant to bend in our rollers.
Next year's big Sprint Revival event is moving slowly forward. The ACU are pretty slow, but the local authorities are pretty much all buttoned up. We haven't really publicised the event yet, but enquiries through the "Ramsgate Sprint Revival" web site have been steadily coming in, and we now have over 20 entries from machines that raced first time around....ie between 56 and 68.
It promises to be a great weekend !
Our informal newly formed, East Kent Classic Motorcycle Club, is thriving. We have a number of shows and events planned. There's a spring day trip to France on the cards, and a crowd of us are going to Chimay in July. As usual, I will be at the TT, and this year we have a gang going to the Classic TT.......roll on summer !

Time to shake off that magic xmas dust ha ??? and back at it, hopefully ile have my hailwood rep ready for the TT if not its either the caferacer or my modern ride one way or another its gotta be two wheels he say's while watching the snow come down ;) steep learning curve new skills and new tools , lathes n welding mig / tig :p but hope to get more miles under me wheels and meet a few more likeminded chaps this season :eek:

hoping to do both :) not done the classic before so would love to go ;) usually go practice week if ime taking a bike need to get me finger out usually stay in union mills at Glenlough campsite

Never been to the classic myself either.....can't justify doing both sadly.
Know the campsite well.....ridden past it a million times. We stay the other end of the course, though not far away, at Glen Dhoo, near Hillberry.

yeah would have to do a lot of chors around the house to get both past the missus ::) ::) would love to get the hailwood rep done for at least one of them :-\ ya can't beat the buzz of riding round there :p

I'm guessing you would probably cause more of a stir at the TT......as the classic will probably be full of, er...classics ! I was on the Island last year for 18 days, and only rode my R1 twice....It's just such good fun to ride the old'uns, and everyone loves them. My bud Paul and I were mobbed everywhere we went.

Attachments

• IOM TT 2014 007.JPG
    IOM TT 2014 007.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 234
  • IOM TT 2014 004.JPG
    IOM TT 2014 004.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 229
I'm not even going to take the R1 this year.....it will be my 500, and the Kettle.
By the time it goes to the TT, it will have a set of our pipes on it !

Attachments

• IOM TT 2014 001.JPG
    IOM TT 2014 001.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 253
Those are both real cool bikes, 8) 8) great that ya get so much interest makes all ya hard work worth while I got such a buzz on my TL, I can't wait to whip round on an old un :p :D seing the creg and ya bikes spurs me on

TL?.....had one of those too. 1000S, bought it new in 98, and had it a couple of years. Open Venom cans, mates described it as sounding like a Harley on steroids. Really liked the bike until my mates all bought R1's, and I couldn't keep up any more. Wasn't keen on the fuel consumption and tyre wear rates though.

Back
Top Bottom