Cafe Builders in UK

cafedreaming

Hi all,

I have always been fascinated by bikes, especially Cafe's but when it comes to building it , I am quite inexperienced. I have been just riding a Vespa around but recently, I decided to take a step forward to fulfil my Cafe aspirations.
Recently with this in mind, with a little help from a friend who has a bit more experience with bikes than myself, I have bought a 1981 Yamaha XS750. Before I got the thing, quite clearly I haven't done enough homework to realise how much effort it takes to build a beautiful looking and well functioning Cafe. I do not really have the facilities, equipments, skills nor the experience in tweaking bikes and so I think it's probably best, if I find someone who can help me with this.

As for the bike, the frame itself shows a sign of age - it is a bit rusty in some parts. So it probably needs a paintwork.
The engine itself seems to be running fine - valve clearance work was done by the previous owner. It currently has a drop down bar etc and has the general look of a Cafe but it clearly needs work to make it look immaculate and rideable.

My pocket isn't too deep, so I cannot spend to much on the machine but hopefully, even with my limited budget, I can find someone who can help me with the build.

I have a theme in mind but just need someone who can translate this on to the bike.

Anyone can recommend me with a builder / custom shop in the U.K. (preferably London) who does work for a reasonable price?

Thank you!

If you haven't had much riding experience, an XS750 probably isn't the best bike to start with. Although saying that I really like them. I've restored 3 of them over the last few years, and can assure you that it won't be cheap to do a decent job.

Attachments

• 6 (6).jpg
    6 (6).jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 504
I'm afraid Semmins is correct......customising bikes to a decent standard costs serious cash. If you have a good mate with some knowledge, experience and imagination......use him, and do what you can yourself. Designing, figuring out, and preparation can be done yourselves to keep costs down. But if you want a result you are proud of, it will cost you.

A lot depends on just what you want to achieve as well......we have built a number of cafe bikes, for customers, and for ourselves, and we like to fit parts that make the bike special....but obviously it can be expensive. We transformed an old T500 of mine this time last year....click here to see just what was involved.
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=58060.0

Get Semmins to build it for you. He makes a really good job (I've been in his workshop) plus he has an ace pub just up the road with proper ale and beer!

Back
Top Bottom