Help needed in the Antipodes!

stroker crazy

crazy as a fox
A call out to DTT UK members:

I've spent the weekend trawling the net for a Yamaha RX100 or RXS100 rear hub.

The bike never made it to Oz so there is nothing here.

I need the hub, brake plate, and sprocket carrier but not the sprocket or rim.

There must be heaps of them laying around in the UK but because they are too old, or too insignificant, or some other reason, nobody has bothered to post for sale ads.

Hoping somebody can help,

Crazy

Hope this helps......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-RXS100-1995-REAR-WHEEL-BRAKE-HUB-/381318540612?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item58c85b2d44

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-Rxs100-1991-Rear-Wheel-/271932319890?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f506de892

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-Rxs100-Sprocket-And-Carrier-/271932319884?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f506de88c

Thanks semmins - I found those during my weekend search but the prices were prohibitive!

The wheel and the sprocket carrier are from the same seller and total 50 Pounds.
If that wasn't expensive enough eBay wants more than 42 quid each for delivery!

The brake plate adds another 10 Pounds but the seller has "no international shipping".

You can see why I am getting desperate.

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
Thanks semmins - I found those during my weekend search but the prices were prohibitive!

The wheel and the sprocket carrier are from the same seller and total 50 Pounds.
If that wasn't expensive enough eBay wants more than 42 quid each for delivery!

The brake plate adds another 10 Pounds but the seller has "no international shipping".

You can see why I am getting desperate.

Crazy

I can check these out later - just out the door.

I can get stuff collected from a seller for around £10 - £12 per parcel dependent on weight / size.

We [ Realm Engineering ] ship regularly Worldwide [ RAMSHOX, parts ] and have a pretty good International rate going.

I've handled drop ships for several DTT'ers in the US, Canada and for some of my European biker pals.

Can't do anything about the price of the item though !

I'll have a trawl through later [ e-bay ] and see what's about.

beachcomber said:
I can check these out later - just out the door.

Anything you can do would be greatly appreciated BC!

It's not the item price that's the problem it's the the total that is daunting.

Crazy

Our normal internal [UK] package rates are £15 up to 15kgs. That does rely on the co-operation of the seller to put the parts in a box !

The seller you are looking at is seriously taking the piss. [ £42 each item ]

Any idea on the weight of the item?

Are the items on E-bay / forum? If so give me the link and I'll check it out.

PM me with your address and a day time contact number and I'll get a quote from our shippers - at least that's the first stage. ;D

Just checked out the parts listed by Semmins - actual part prices seem OK, even the UK delivery price is about what we'd pay for individual items.

One option would be to buy the lot [ including wheel and then we could chop out the hub to reduce overseas carriage costs. I'm guessing you'll be using new rims ?

Crazy - just checked the site / parts out

381318549612 Brake plate............... £10 + £6.00 carriage [ UK ]
271932319890 Wheel .................£40 + £5.00 " " "
271832319884 Sprocket and carrier....£10 + £5.00 " " "

That's £76 total - the wheel guy might combine postage for a lower amount - might !!

Let me know as soon as, be a bummer if one of the parts was sold elsewhere !

I can do immediate purchase as soon as you give me the nod - we can worry about payment to me later ;D

A knighthood for that man!

Through many trials and tribulations (and a holiday) Beachcomber stuck to the task.

A parcel of greasy, second hand bike components arrived today. The significant other couldn't understand the excitement; very few women would.

Many thanks TJ for a job well done!

Crazy

Back
Top Bottom