Hello.....

unclerob

Been Around the Block
I've been on DTT for a while but (embarrassingly!) never knew there was a UK board til I saw the post about the Ramsgate Sprint a couple of days ago....have never scrolled down that far before!
So just thought I'd say hello....and heres my previous 2 builds ....and current one

Attachments

• done05.jpg
    done05.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 263
  • side3.jpg
    side3.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 236
  • fair07.jpg
    fair07.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 255
welcome aboard mate great looking builds 8) look forward to ya posting more pics n info on those beauties n current build guess you are "darn sarf " ime up north in Yorkshire and always looking for the great barn find of a british bike :p

Hi, no, the sticker on the top fairing is an IoM one, it is an ex race bike with quite a long history but never Chimay as far as I know. Coincidentally though I have a Norton that was built up in France and (I'm told) was raced there in the mid 80's....
The latest project is Cagiva Gran Canyon, not really a barn find but not many people know very much about them so can often be bought very cheaply....this one was under £600 and only took a days work to get it through an MoT. Apart from a small mod to the subframe, lowering it a bit and uprating springs I'm keeping the running gear pretty much as standard and just making new bodywork for it...

Attachments

• Norton600Domi.jpg
    Norton600Domi.jpg
    453.7 KB · Views: 252
Hi Mark, thanks, am pleased with the lights....I tried a couple of different ones on the flowline fairing and just couldn't get it to look right....then it dawned on me to try the existing Cagiva ones, much better look and uses the standard mounts, beam adjustment and wiring....the whole job suddenly got much easier!!
Slightly relocated the instruments and they all fit as well...
Fairing now off and mounted on a ply frame so lots of sanding to look forward to.....

Attachments

• dash03.jpg
    dash03.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 247
I've been on DTT for a while but (embarrassingly!) never knew there was a UK board til I saw the post about the Ramsgate Sprint a couple of days ago....have never scrolled down that far before!

It's the same on the results for Eurovision, were always down at the bottom

A couple of new pics......

Attachments

• tank28.jpg
    tank28.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 236
  • fair24.jpg
    fair24.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 532
Back
Top Bottom