www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Project "Caroline" CB350four And so it begins!  (Read 62988 times)

Offline tWistedWheelz

• BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
Project "Caroline" CB350four And so it begins!
« on: Aug 29, 2010, 23:28:57 »
I picked up this 350f in July, it was really in great shape for its age. It was running ok when I got it but after a little tunning she really ran much better. I have had a it of a drippy carb situation ever since I got it, that just turned into a pissing carb....that is what spawned the begining of the work. So for I have changed the stock bars for clubman bars and srtipped and polished the top triple clamp and idiot light cover. I have the bike on the work table now with the carbs removed to rebuild. While I had it down, I decided to do a bit more polishing. Here are some pics to catch you up.
When I first got it.

Top clamp before.

and after!

Getting carb work!

and some polish work while I am in there!

I plan on making it into a classic cafe style with lots of fun go fast mods. As for the go fast parts, she will be getting a Dyna CDI electronic ignitions system, Dyna 5 ohm coils, port and polish, K&N cone filters, MAC 4 into 1 exhaust, and rejetting. I plan on upgrading the rear shocks to dual rate twin spring springs on hydrolic dampers and replacing the front fork springs with progressive springs and instal imulators. Before it is all said and done the entire bike will be torn down and rebilt, with all new paint and hardware. Thanks for looking, and feel free to leave me feedback of any kind!
« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2010, 01:53:04 by tWistedWheelz »

Offline Big Rich

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Heaven is so far away.
Re: Project "Caroline" CB350 Four
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2010, 23:33:00 »
Haha! Knew you couldnt be rockin stock for too long!

Do what you do Brandon!

Offline CrescentSon

« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2010, 23:51:55 »
It has begun.... The cycle never ends. Any specifics on the final color/design or we just playing it by ear?
"I hated hipsters before it was cool." -Sonreier

"Lifes a bitch when your trying to sell gold bars to beggars" -VonYinzer

"To say that ALL cafe racers are the same degree of ho hum is like saying that finger banging a fisher price piano is on par with listening to Beethoven." -Kanticoy

Offline PHeller

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2010, 23:52:33 »
If you need jets I might have a spare set of new ones.

I'm buying some for my CB400F, but I'll probably only use the 85's, as I doubt I'll keep the pods.

I'd have 80's, 90, and 95's left over.

Offline tWistedWheelz

• BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 29, 2010, 23:56:02 »
It has begun.... The cycle never ends. Any specifics on the final color/design or we just playing it by ear?

I like that stock color so much and the factory graphics, that I will be going back with factory paint and pin stipes. I am going to do some of the frame and other bits a bit different from stock, but only someone who really knows what a real factory correct bike looks like will really know the difference. At least that is the plan for now!

If you need jets I might have a spare set of new ones.

I'm buying some for my CB400F, but I'll probably only use the 85's, as I doubt I'll keep the pods.

I'd have 80's, 90, and 95's left over.

Hell yeah man, do you know which ones I may need with the cones and a 4 into 1...I really appreciate the offer, please PM me with the details!

Offline PHeller

• My Blog
« Reply #5 on: Aug 30, 2010, 00:05:39 »
I had read that with PODS ONLY you wanted to start at 85's depending on altitude. I think that was at closer to sea level.

EXHAUST ONLY would be around the same size. (What I'll be doing)

I had also read that some guys had success with 90's and 85's with both PODS AND EXHAUST.

Then again, some people couldn't ever figure out the jetting and went back to stock airbox.

Apparently the larger fours did better with PODS/EXHAUST than the "mini fours" like the CB350/400F.

Offline tWistedWheelz

• BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 30, 2010, 00:10:53 »
Well thanks for that info man, I live at sea level, literally! I live on the water, my back yard has a dock that is in on inlet off of the bay! I would love to get those jets, I hope to have this all done before spring of next year. Money is a crunch right now, so anything I can get a deal on, I am all about it.

Do you have a build thread, could you post a link in here or in a PM to me. Thanks again!

Offline Bobdot

• CB1000 Endurance Racer
« Reply #7 on: Aug 30, 2010, 00:34:49 »
looking forward to this!  Especially interested in the DIY port and polish and the emulators.  Good luck, I'll be watching closely!

bob.

Offline BCBarker

• Barker Designs
« Reply #8 on: Aug 30, 2010, 07:56:30 »
NICE!

I have pods and a 4 into 1 on my 350f. I first went with the set of jets, but had a hell of a time dialing them in. I finally started with 85s and bought a set of micro drill bits and slowly upped the sizes on the jets until it ran right... Not sure what size they are now, but she runs like the devil! Next time i tear the carbs down I'll make a note of what size bit slides in.

WOW that is in killer condition!

Offline bikeboy

• a cb900 tragic
« Reply #9 on: Aug 30, 2010, 08:26:17 »
I picked up this 350f in July, it was really in great shape for its age.

Nice. I'd ride it. Heck, I'd buy one if I could find one here  :-[ I reckon I'd even consider swapping my 400F for one. Something unique about these little beauties. Sort of like an exercise in miniaturisation. Like the 250 6 cylinder race bike.

I'll be watching what you do to this. Very carefully  ;)

cheers
ian