ft500 tracker

drewrc2003

I just picked this up for $200 sounds great without a muffler. I bet it is a wheely monster. Going to make it look like 2nd pic

drewrc2003 said:
I just picked this up for $200 sounds great without a muffler. I bet it is a wheely monster. Going to make it look like 2nd pic

If you're looking for the street/tracker look, don't do the clubman/clip-on route. Do a pair of actual dirt track bend bars. Omar's Dirt Track Racing sells them as do others. The rest of the look other than the obvious smoother street tires, works. The FT500 has a fair amount of trick stuff available for the engine since it is basically an electric start XL/XR500 in a street frame. Good bike for what you want to do. The FT actually was kind of a Flat Track reference as was the Ascot name for the now defunct track in California.

Clean it up, order a cobra head or make your own flat seat, Omar's track pull backs, emgo shorty muffler from JC Whitney and new k70's from bike bandit- maybe $400 total investment. And +1 on clips/clubmans/drag/superbike bars-not tracker material.

Love FTs. My dad found a VT500 under a tarp I have yet to go make an offer yet. VT500 are the twin version of the FT and were only made for 2 years.

JRussell said:
Love FTs. My dad found a VT500 under a tarp I have yet to go make an offer yet. VT500 are the twin version of the FT and were only made for 2 years.

And one nice ride for anyone under about 5'9". I wanted one so bad back when I was selling Hondas in 83-90... even in 1990... and later. I'd still go for a clean one if I had the money.

Sideburn magazine is building an FT check it out.

http://sideburnmag.blogspot.com/search/label/Sideburn%20project%20FT

Looks like some frame modding was done. I requested better pics with the tank/seat off on Sideburn's blog to see what was done as far as welding in straight horizontal frame.

Back
Top Bottom