my Yamasaki I recently picked up...

demoderbydave

I never really was much of a lover of this type of bike... I am more of a stock style bike lover... I have a lot of bikes...a 01 GL1800 Goldwing, 1983 CX650 Turbo, and a few project bikes awaiting their time on my lift... a 1976 Suzuki GT500A, a 76 Yamaha RD400C, 89 Honda NT650 Hawk, what was once a 82 Honda CBX which is SLOWLY in the process of being revived into a MILD street fighter and this bike.

A buddy of mine and his father build crazy one off stuff like this and then lose interest in them... When I saw it I just LOVED it. It was an 05 Kawasaki Ninja 250 and they stuffed a 70's era Yamaha R5 350cc twin into it. It runs and rides but needs some tinkering and finishing to make it street-able. Mainly some wiring and lighting upgrades

First thing I am doing is ditching the clip-ons (i am way too old for them) and am using the stock ninja bars which are still low and i clip on style but are way more my speed...and other than some real pipes to replace the homemade and cool looking BUT VERY LOUD chambers... I have a set of DG chambers for it... I will be out killing mosquitoes next spring...

I just wanted to see what you guys think....

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 274
Pretty sweet! Those pipes are way too short to work well anyways. You could probably ride that thing daily pretty easily.

I plan to ride it once it is finished... I forgot to mention it is run on PREMIX... I couldn't pass it up for what I paid for it.

demoderbydave said:
I never really was much of a lover of this type of bike... I am more of a stock style bike lover... I have a lot of bikes...a 01 GL1800 Goldwing, 1983 CX650 Turbo, and a few project bikes awaiting their time on my lift... a 1976 Suzuki GT500A, a 76 Yamaha RD400C, 89 Honda NT650 Hawk, what was once a 82 Honda CBX which is SLOWLY in the process of being revived into a MILD street fighter and this bike.

A buddy of mine and his father build crazy one off stuff like this and then lose interest in them... When I saw it I just LOVED it. It was an 05 Kawasaki Ninja 250 and they stuffed a 70's era Yamaha R5 350cc twin into it. It runs and rides but needs some tinkering and finishing to make it street-able. Mainly some wiring and lighting upgrades

First thing I am doing is ditching the clip-ons (i am way too old for them) and am using the stock ninja bars which are still low and i clip on style but are way more my speed...and other than some real pipes to replace the homemade and cool looking BUT VERY LOUD chambers... I have a set of DG chambers for it... I will be out killing mosquitoes next spring...

I just wanted to see what you guys think....
Visually, I'd do something about that seat and rear cowl.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't think i'd spend much time messing with the aesthetics. It's not worth much. R5 engines aren't desirable, nor are Ninja frames and components. It isn't show quality, but it is damn nice, a perfect rider really. It should work well given some adjusting, so go ride the piss out of it.

I think like you, change the pipes, the clip-ons, make it street legal and ENJOY. looks like a fun ride

I'm diggin' this because I have recently purchased an old Suzuki RM250 air cooled two-smoker. The frame is chopped so I have been looking at other options. This is great.

Back
Top Bottom