Sachs 650 Street tracker/ Now with video !!!!!!

jeff4uk

Been Around the Block
Hi guys just thought i would share this build with you, I have posted on the cafe racer thread last year,
This year i want to build a street tracker, I picked this bike up a few months ago things i like about it are
DR650 engine
3.5/4.5 spocked ali wheels
frame disigned by the same guy who built vincent black shadow!!
white speedo/rev
half decent brakes
It was p.o everday bike so although oli and greesy as hell it runs well and not to rusty
P1010027.jpg

P1010025.jpg

P1010026.jpg

Re: Sachs 650 Street tracker

P1010034.jpg

P1010035.jpg

So i took all the crap off it and degreesed it to a point!!!
And this is me idea for it
P1010038.jpg

P1010042.jpg

Has anyone ever done one of theses!!!!

Thanks pete. Becouse the way the frame is braced and the up swepted tail end , seat and tanks are going to be limited, Iv picked XS400 tank becouse it wide underneath to cope with the brace and i will have two seats a singel tracker style and a duel one for when the wife comes along
P1010048.jpg

P1010054.jpg

P1010054.jpg

i will be cutting the seat down just playing around with some ideas at the moment
I do nead to get the swing arm sorted though the bearings are all shot and dry as hell

I like your idea of the dual seats, let's you make it look cool for solo use but still practical for pillion use, good thinking!

Just compared the stock tank to the XS tank and yeah, that stock tank is really quite bulbous.

I had to do my swingarm bearings years ago, completely dry in there and felt like a hinge in the middle of the bike round corners.

I ended up having to take the swingarm in to get someone with an oxy torch to heat it up to get the bearings out as they were impacted in. When I pulled the shaft out and the arm off, all the rollers fell out in a rusty little heap...

yes the stock tank is butt ugerly and plastic too so you cant chop and weld :-[
New bearings coming on monday had to wait three weeks for them to come from Germany!!!
I am going to put four bearings in the swingarm to give it balance instead of the three that are stock
they put two in on the chain side and only one on the other W.T.F!!!
P1010055.jpg

P1010056.jpg

Not German engineerings finest hour!

Man that's ugly! But that's pretty much how mine looked too... weird how they only put 3 in...

there are 2 on the chain side for support due to the chain torque on that side of the swinger.

ah yeeaaaaaa! im following this one! i used to have an old sachs moppet moped, not nearly the same size but holy shit was it a trooper!

Attachments

• moppet.jpg
    moppet.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,138

I remember my dad had one of those, He worked nights and after school at the age of about 7
id take it out for a ride (A round the streets of London!!!!!)

Back to today, Iv been waiting for theses parts for about three weeks! At last they turned up. Only to be
one seal short!!!! :'(
P1010059.jpg

All the rest of the swing arm is ready
P1010060.jpg

P1010061.jpg

progress is slow but im in no rush. Will post more pics when something happens ;D

I feel your pain... all my parts are ordered from the US due to what they charge over here. Even when the exchange rate wasn't so good it was still something like half price...

Still waiting on parts, So only one thing to do!!!
Ride the caferacer i built last year,
P1060587.jpg

No point in wasting riding time!!!

Ok things are moving on slow but sure , Iv made the duel seat
P1010069.jpg

P1010068.jpg

P1010070.jpg

P1010071.jpg

still unsure as to the singel seat yet

Also have the swing arm bushes in, New chain and sprockets and the back end in,