CB125: the mighty mite

Forgot to add a pic of my speedo and ignition mount. I'm pretty damn excited to not have the speedo and ignition bouncing around all over the place.

The speedo is mounted on rubber bushings to prevent it from vibrating too much.

And just for fun, here's a mostly finished shot. I need to zip tie the wires and hide them a bit. And there's a bit more work to do like redo the seat and have the center stand extended, but that can wait until winter. The side stand works just fine, but I wanted to use the center stand for some poser shots.

Could you snap a picture of the battery tray/under the seat pan. I'm looking to put the same style seat on my '72cb100.

JB77, There is nothing under the seat on this build. I've hidden my batteries under the tunnel for the gas tank. Used two small 6V batteries in series. If you're interested I can snap a pic of that.

Rimmy said:
JB77, There is nothing under the seat on this build. I've hidden my batteries under the tunnel for the gas tank. Used two small 6V batteries in series. If you're interested I can snap a pic of that.

I'm sure he'll say "yes".

As I would like to see where you hid all your electronics too.

Thanks bro.

I wish it was a little more elegant, but here are two batteries held in place with some velcro strips. They fit wonderfully into the tunnel under the gas tank.

I'm searching for an option with a larger capacity battery, but have to mock up the dimensions of some of the batteries I have in mind. The tunnel is rather high so I can fit something a little taller in there. The 2.5 Ah batteries aren't perfect. When the motor is going everything works great, but not at idle/off. A larger capacity battery should help that out, and allow me to then run LED turn signals.

You really jammed a lot of stuff under that tank. I need to see if I have any room under the stock tank for something like that. I only need one 6volt battery so I don't need as much room, and I would keep my R/R where it currently is. It doesn't matter if it's pretty under the tank. As long as it works.

One more note, I think I flipped the coil around for a little extra clearance for the batteries. I think the stock orientation had the spark plug wire going towards the back of the bike, and that would've gotten in the way a bit of the batteries.

I bet you did. My coil has the plug wire running toward the back. My battery might be too big to fit under the tank, if it is, I have a pan design in my head for it to fit under the seat close to the motor.

are your forks 27mm? how did you get the SP Takegawa Headlight Stay on there? on ebay they say its for a 33mm. Or did you just clamp them down real tight?

They are 27mm forks. The ears are indeed for 27mm forks too. Here is a link to a set from the vendor I bought them from. I'm pretty sure these are the same I bought.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SP-TAKEGAWA-Headlight-Bracket-for-SP-TAKEGAWA-934-27-Front-Fork-HONDA-MONKEY-/151708306230?hash=item2352850b36&vxp=mtr

I am using the same ones. Found the link on an earlier post. Seller delivered very quickly. Drilled out the lower mounting hole to fit my indicators.

Attachments

• IMG_0581.JPG
    IMG_0581.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 335
That is a good call to have drilled out the mounting hole. It looks a good bit cleaner than the way I did it.

So the bike was acting funny a little while back, all of the lights started dimming with the turn signals on and it was running really rough. Anyhow, my regulator/rectifier shit the bed and ended up frying my batteries. When I tested it, it was putting out up to 16V at full throttle! Anyhow, I got a new regulator/rectifier from Sparckmoto and its putting out a cool 13.5V at just above idle all the way up to wide open throttle. I ditched the 2 6V battery situation and upgraded to the smallest 12V Antigravity unit. This thing is super light, super tiny and super awesome. Below is a cruddy cell phone pic where you can see the battery and the reg/rec. I also tossed on some Michelin Gazelles in a more appropriate size so I can actually run a front fender. They are a major improvement and a more sensible choice than the Shinko 244's I had on previously. It feels like a new bike, I even got up to almost 55 mph on the little guy today! It used to shudder above 45 but I guess the fork brace and sensible tires really help the stability.

OK Im a bit confused. Is that a 12v bike or has it been converted to 12v from 6v system.

If it was converted where did the rotor/stator come from to do it?

It is a 12V bike. First year for the factory 12V systems from Honda on the CB125. My old setup was 2 6V batteries in series to make 12V due to the minimal space available.

trek97 said:
OK Im a bit confused. Is that a 12v bike or has it been converted to 12v from 6v system.

If it was converted where did the rotor/stator come from to do it?

Trek, you can convert the CB100/125 from 6v to 12v using a CB350 stator, its a direct swap (its what I did on my 100)

Back
Top Bottom