Post a pic of your latest purchase

Today o bought a can of this
ed1e5db3dafce4d75a86159f5eee185a.jpg

Still not a great match to my tank, but once on I really like this colour.

f0dd417e45a98602e80e486a47a647c3.jpg

Seat hump next and maybe the tank in the winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Schwinn El Dorado bicycle with the tank, head light, and rear rack. Project for my girl, Anna.

Attachments

• IMG_2826.JPG
    IMG_2826.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 187
  • IMG_2824.JPG
    IMG_2824.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 182
J-Rod10 said:
4.5" lift for the XJ.
Screenshot_20170623-112757_zpsfwymq2de.jpg
Nice. I'll do it with my WJ one day when the wife decides she wants something new. I just need to convert the front prop shaft to double cardan.

Luugo86 said:
Old Schwinn El Dorado bicycle with the tank, head light, and rear rack. Project for my girl, Anna.
Looks like a Huffy from here...

Nice classic.

grandpaul said:
Looks like a Huffy from here...

Nice classic.

I did some research and found out that a lot of the very early huffy cruiser bikes were leftover Schwinns that got rebadged because huffy didnt have the production capability. This falls under that overlap if the PO dated it correctly.

Bought these yesterday after saving for a few months. Big upgrade from my old plastic fermenter.

4741eb0475b68fd1bd4183a6426654a4.jpg

I hope it ends in beers and not tears. The conical bottom was the big selling point for me.

Got these in the mail today.
d8fcd651138c8396d9afd8ddab6e6089.jpg

Should give the XV a bit of better spark.

New Optima 3ohm 45kv single fire coil and a nice set of 7mm copper ignition leads with a cloth finish.

Luugo86 said:
I did some research and found out that a lot of the very early huffy cruiser bikes were leftover Schwinns that got rebadged because huffy didnt have the production capability. This falls under that overlap if the PO dated it correctly.

That bike is what, mid '60s? I don't see how that qualifies it as a "very early" Huffy or cruiser.

Until someone shows me a picture of the '60s Schwinn cruiser with the dropouts crimped to the frame, the kickstand bolted on, a fork remotely similar to that, 26" rims that aren't S6's, and a whole lot of other low end components, I'm not buying it.

I don't mean to flame but I worked in Schwinn shops for about 10 years back in the '70s and '80s. That bike screams Huffy to me, not Schwinn. I could be wrong here, I'm sure someone will come up with a picture of it's Schwinn twin if I am. (Though even then it will still be a Huffy Eldorado.)

When Schwinn went bankrupt (about 40 years after that bike was built) I heard Huffy was going to buy the bicycle part of the business, I wonder if that's where the "leftover Schwinn" story came from???

New computer controlled wire cutter and stripper. 30km of wire per hour.

Attachments

• 715Pocpd+1L._SL1500_.jpg
    715Pocpd+1L._SL1500_.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 164
brodie

i have been using those coils on some of my cx/gl650 builds and they rock you will like what they do

so i picked this up a few years ago but finally got around to fixing it up and got it road worthy and running like new this week

like i needed another wing (cant let them die )

its a beautiful 1983 gl1100 aka the HMS Lazy Boy

it only needed a few things

timing belts
battery
starter just cuz
new solenoid and battery cable (corrosion)
new gas tank (hopeless)
one of my weber carb kits
new fuel lines and filters
new front master
rebuilt rear master
rebuild all calipers
oil anti freeze final drive fluids changes
new tires and stems
dyna beads
and some other stuff that escapes me now

runs like new no to see if i can actually sneak off to mid ohio

Back