Moving a motorcycle long distance

CALfeRacer

Fat man on a little bike
I want to bring my bike back home with me for the summer, which I usually do by throwing it in the back of my truck. Bad news is that my truck got totaled by a drunk guy in a mustang, and the insurance still hasn't cut me a check so I'm currently without a tow vehicle. My friend is giving me a ride home with him, but between all the stuff that we are bringing home and the fact that he has a car that wouldn't handle towing a trailer very well I'm not going to be able to the bike home with me. Since renting a uhaul truck is crazy expensive, and I don't trust my bike to survive an 1100 mile trip in its current state, I was wondering if anyone here knew of a good shipping or transport company that is reasonably priced to ship my bike from CA up to WA for the summer. Any help is appreciated!

I use uship for all my stuff... I can usually get a bike from Indiana to CA or FL for under $500... Insured, guaranteed, etc.

I'll check them out!
Update:
Uship says $363 average price. Not bad! Cheaper than renting a uhaul trailer. I'll probably do this. Thanks for the reference!

I've heard about transporting a bike by train, but have never done it myself.

~T

Back
Top Bottom