I took my son on his first motorcycle camping trip!!!!!

MILLENNIUM FALCON

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
My son and I just got back from our first motorcycle camping trip. We have been camping with our camper since he was 3 and now he is 7 and has been begging to go with me on the bike. He is finally big enough to ride safely on the back. I convinced my wife to let him go. Being his first time going on a longer ride on the bike I mapped out a route that was about 80% dirt roads and the other 20% was lazy 2-lane Amish country roads. We stayed at RB winter state park. It is an awesome little park nestled in between a bunch of mountains in central pa. Clean bathrooms, nice hosts....and a great sandy beach! The weather was around 90 during the day and 60 at night! Our trip was totally dry until we hit a storm on the way home! It rained so hard I had to pull over under a bunch of pine trees because I couldn't see, and the dirt road we were on was washing our. We were soaked!.....But it was exciting. We saw all kinds of wildlife.... Had great food.....got a sunburn....and made great memories with my little adventurer on our little adventure bike!

Packed and ready to go

Tight Fit, But we made it happen. (cozy)

Arrived safely at camp. It was too much of a pain to take pics while traveling since we were strapped in and packed tight. :)

Good thing he brought his survival tool!

It was "savory"

The boys loves fire

Just a shot of the campsite

I made him do his homework

DD chocolate frosted Donut coffee and sausage egg n cheese sammies!

It really is a beautiful place!

Hiking!

There were huge frogs everywhere! My son caught a huge one that had another frog attached to its back..... A ranger saw this and came over and proceeded to give my son the birds and the bees talk (frog version) it was hilarious! Ranger: "they are trying to make other frogs and need privacy"

They have a zero tolerance policy for swimmers with diarrhea!

Packing up :(

Draining my hikers after the storm. Saul (my son) was a trooper. Huge rainstorm. Mud, heavy winds. Never said a word. I cant wait till he can ride his own bike! We will have a great time.

Back home safe and sound!

Nice, I was planning a trip like this with my son, but the crash has postponed it. Looks like a blast. I have gone on whole day rides with my little guy but we have not done any overnights yet.

Thanks guys but I am the lucky one. My wife and I have been blessed with two of the best kids. They are smart, respectful and tons of fun! I love spending time with them. My 4 year old daughter was really jealous of her brother so her and I may gave to take father daughter camping trip....but I will probably take her in the jeep. :)

MILLENNIUM FALCON said:
Thanks guys but I am the lucky one. My wife and I have been blessed with two of the best kids. They are smart, respectful and tons of fun! I love spending time with them. My 4 year old daughter was really jealous of her brother so her and I may gave to take father daughter camping trip....but I will probably take her in the jeep. :)

What about the side hack, do you still have that? It would be perfect.

Sadly no.... I sold the sidecar and the bike. It makes me sad. That is why I built that rig but it had to go....with many other things. Im down to the WR250 nd my KZ cafe bike. :( Smallest heard Ive had in years.

MILLENNIUM FALCON said:
They have a zero tolerance policy for swimmers with diarrhea!
Sounds like a good policy!

Awesome adventure ;)
We did camping trips when my boys were kids. Never on the bike though.
Our bike adventures were MiniMoto Trackdays.

That's awesome! My son and I did our first bike/camp adventure a few years ago and now we go to as many bike events as we can together...memories for life...

Did a canoeing/camping trip with my 2 boys and a buddy many years ago. They were about 5 and 7 years old. One of the best weekends ever. 8)

Amazing! Got my 3 year old on my knee looking at this. Not there just yet, but soon 8)
~T

Back
Top Bottom