No further comment required

And you are wearing a kilt and spending time in Saxony, because..... LOL

Good to see you have not lost your sense of humor. That's a good sign.

I see the new Great Britain has a vacancy for proofreaders, maybe a boy from Oz can get a job!

(I was going to post in miffa's thread but it looked too scary)

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
I see the new Great Britain has a vacancy for proofreaders, maybe a boy from Oz can get a job!

Likely not -- Aussies will be added to the list of unwelcome immigrants I expect (if they weren't already?). But don't argue, they invented the damn language, cheque with someone there and he'll confirm it.

The results of this are going to be far reaching and unpredictable. Not looking good at the outset, however.

Nah - it means a Dance on a certain day - a mash up of two words. It's new speak.

The tim.
teazer said:
And you are wearing a kilt and spending time in Saxony, because..... LOL

Good to see you have not lost your sense of humor. That's a good sign.

The clan Crawford kilt regalia is a nod to my Highlander roots in a time before Scotland became bankrupt and was sold off for a few quid.Most of you will recall I AM Scottish on my Mother's side,which is probably why I was split 50-50 until the last few days of the referendum.

My house / friends in Saxony. Most of them are unhappy with the way the EU is going, and the fact that they (Germany) are paying to bail out all and sundry EU members who can't budget their own finances.

I am seriously embarrassed by the misspelling - especially as I was a copywriter at one point in my life!!

I admit to cheating a little and using the main St.George image, and then perpetuating the error when I added the Independence Day reference. Apologies to all - put it down to senility / laziness!

Seriously embarrassed ex EU member.

carnivorous chicken said:
Likely not -- Aussies will be added to the list of unwelcome immigrants I expect (if they weren't already?). But don't argue, they invented the damn language, cheque with someone there and he'll confirm it.

The results of this are going to be far reaching and unpredictable. Not looking good at the outset, however.

Aussies not welcome? Hardly mate - we're part of the Commonwealth ;)

A lot of doomsday sky is falling talk but in reality it's a good thing for the UK both financially and socially IMO.

hillsy said:

A lot of doomsday sky is falling talk but in reality it's a good thing for the UK both financially and socially IMO.

The chicken is a race baiter... likely voted for Obama... Twice!

Good onya Beach, spelling or typo who cares the message is the same... Hooo Raah for Sovereignty!!

beachcomber said:
I am seriously embarrassed by the misspelling - especially as I was a copywriter at one point in my life!!

Couldn't help myself BC; I might have retired from the proofreading game but old habits die hard!

Good luck with the exit, it's going to be a rough ride.

Crazy

hillsy said:

Aussies more than welcome, not only that - one of the main points of the leave campaign was to adopt a version of the Aussie " points" system for a fairer immigration selection. The remain camp described this suggestion as "racist" ?

beachcomber said:
Aussies more than welcome, not only that - one of the main points of the leave campaign was to adopt a version of the Aussie " points" system for a fairer immigration selection. The remain camp described this suggestion as "racist" ?

Source?

stroker crazy said:
Couldn't help myself BC; I might have retired from the proofreading game but old habits die hard!

Good luck with the exit, it's going to be a rough ride.

Crazy

No foul Crazy - do you know that as I'm using keypads etc. more, I have to think more about spelling ! I type a word and think "that doesn't look right".

Yes, the exit will not be easy - but still better than remaining with what Brussels has planned for the next few years.

Ok, I just haven't seen any one say that at all.

And of course they are going to tell lies about the other campaign. You don't listen to the Leave campaign when you want to find out about the Remain campaign.

St. George was probably Tunisian, never set foot in England and was made the patron saint of England by a man who spoke French because he couldn't be bothered to learn English. Still feeling super patriotic?

The original patron saint of England was St.Edmund, who was an idiot who believed that God would save him when the Danes shot him full of arrows.

carnivorous chicken said:

If anyone actually thought this was anything but a joke, I guess there's no fixing stupid.

miffa said:
hi TJ
Hope your doing well mate ,remember mate if ever your passing and need to blow some cob webs away theirs always plenty of old brits up here that need a good airing ;)

Hi there John- I will come over your way in 6-7week's time. I'!l ring first and have a coffee and chat

Green199 said:
Ok, I just haven't seen any one say that at all.

And of course they are going to tell lies about the other campaign. You don't listen to the Leave campaign when you want to find out about the Remain campaign.

This was one of the core points in the leave campaign to attend to the issue of reducing future immigrant numbers repeated many times during the weeks an months leading up to the vote on T/V and in the papers.

Back
Top Bottom