Uncle Billy's Bike 1979 CM400a

Thomas_Hudson

Honda owner/Honda Rider
Well I have a 1979 CM400a that my Uncle Billy bought new and rode for a few years before he had a slight accident on the bike. The bars and forks were bent, the mufflers were scrapped, and it needed some work, but ran like a top. He gave the bike to me to trail ride. I loved it. I was about thirteen and compared to my XL100, it was fast. Anyhow, I rode the little bike for about four years before joining the Army. I gave the bike to my Brother in law, Earl, after he expressed interest in it. He and his oldest son Robert worked on the bike and got it running good, new mufflers and chromed some stuff and repainted it. After Robert was killed by a drunk driver, Earl lost interest in the bike and garaged it 1995.
After my Uncle Billy's passing I was talking to Earl about another bike a CM400t and we started talking about Billy's bike. A few days later he called and told me to come get Billy's bike.
So now my goal is to get the motorcycle back to nearly new condition. I have a few small changes from the stock configuration but all in an attempt to recreate a very clean and nicely customized original bike in memory of one of my favorite people in the whole world.
Billy was Vietnam Veteran, father of two, volunteer at the VA hospital, Honor Gaurd, biker. Greatest Uncle ever. Completly crazy and just a beautiful azzhole. LOL. My hero.
Anyway, that's the back story, and here's the start.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 312
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 293
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 307
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 309
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 320
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 293
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 311
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 300
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 300
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 300
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 289
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    764.9 KB · Views: 294
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 299
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 307
you need a right side up camera

you must have an Australian one not a north American version

cxman said:
you need a right side up camera

you must have an Australian one not a north American version
I knew it was something electronical :eek: couldn't be me.... Ok maybe it's me :-\

Back
Top Bottom