My '64 Fairlane

Hoofhearted

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
This is my '64 Fairlane 500. Bone stock except for an alternator. I got tired of the generator breaking brush springs. It has the usual 289, C4. Was the daily driver for about 5 years until I bought an old Dodge pick up. Now its just a cruiser.

img2318pb.jpg

By weslake at 2011-12-01

Clean lookin car!

I love early 60's cars. I had a 2 door '63 Comet. Roller 302, Trick flow heads, Comp cams, Holley intake and 4 barrell. three speed, moved to the floor. It was purdy darn quick in the 1/8 mi, but ran out of legs after that. It was a hoot. But by the time kid # 3 arived it'd gotten to small. I traded it, paper for paper, on a bone stock, one owner, moredoor, '62 Galaxie 500. Original 292 Y block. We use it as a daily driver. Its a pain sometimes. I'd just dropped $1600 on Cokers and PC'n the wheels, then the rear end went out. Sheesh. Thats what I get for insisting on driving a 50 yr old car everyday.

I should just buy a mini van. But folks don't roll down thier windows to give ya a thumbs up for a minivan. That's gotta be worth something, right?

As I said mine is bone stock except for the alternator. I had thought about having a bit of fun with it but decided the stock look was better. I think if it was anything but stock people wouldn't be waving at you.

I dunno... bet if it was a Thunderbolt clone, you'd get a couple of waves as well. ;)
Great looking stoker though, just don't see them that nice around here any more.

Hah!! One of the thoughts I had was a Thunderbolt clone but decided against it. The short blond gal in the photo is my sister-in-law. We took her to the usual SoCal tourist places when she was here. She was surprised at all the waves we got as we cruised.

Back
Top Bottom