Odd Ball Cars

sidedraft36

Sceptically Optimistic Pragmatist
So, just to prove that you can NEVER own too many oil leaking, rusty, smokey, pieces of s**t...

I give you these:

128%25203P%252006.10%2520009.jpg

1976 FIAT 128 3P

and her stable mate:

TR6.8.11%2520001.jpg

1970 Triumph TR-6

And I've also got a 200k mile T-100 "parts truck" for when I actually have to go somewhere.

Now, I thought I owned an odd ball bunch of cars...but then, I saw that guy with the Mini Coop and the Rambler... ;)

Man, those TR-6's are sex on wheels!
My brother had an eraly 70's Spitfire. One of the most fun cars I've ever driven.

I know, right? I bet the insurance on a Sierra Cosworth is actually affordable in the US.

Sold our 88 Saab 900s recently.. That was a wicked car, same one James bond had in one of the earlier flicks.. Minus the machine guns and rocket launchers

Devon 8)

That's wierd........I think our cars are shit, and yours are cool. Ours mostly have silly little engines.
That's why I drive this....

Attachments

• corvette 001.JPG
    corvette 001.JPG
    236.7 KB · Views: 341
Silly little engines can be fun when they're in sillier little cars. Example: the new Fiat 500 Abarth. THat one is insane enough that they expect people to buy it in America. I would, but... I suffer from being what many of you limeys would call an "utter nutter".

This is my silly little engine:
gearhead.jpg

:D

The coolest thing is, that absurd piece of machinery still nets 22-24MPG on the highway at 65MPH.

Back in the day they called it the "Tri-Power". Had that on for a little while, but could never get the linkages working properly to where I'd get adequate power and adequate cutout for the two auxhiliary carbs. So I eventually switched over to a nifty little Barry Grant 625 that I got on eBay for a hundred bucks, but... it didn't want to work right.

Currently saddled with an old Eldebrock 550 4bbl, which is pretty slick.

Catbird said:

Oh man, that gives me a chubby. Dude, I'm a Poncho fan from waaaay back. My screen name comes from my red '87 Firebird. I've owned atleast one of every generation and one of every model Firebird except for a 6 or 4 cylinder car.
Judging by the engine color, I'm guessing early to mid 60's? Whatchya got that badboy stuffed into?

Titan performance said:
That's wierd........I think our cars are shit, and yours are cool. Ours mostly have silly little engines.
That's why I drive this....

With your fuel prices, you must be stinkin' rich.

It's weird like that. I don't think Hondas in Japan have sohc on any model. US gets the shaft on everything!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

WOW i want one!!!! but it needs mud flaps and some knobby tires to grip some gravel on a rally X!!!!!! Sry im a Subaru guy but I love euro fords!!!

S6300543.jpg

1986_Sierra_Rally_slide.jpg

The Merkur XR4Ti was available in Canada. Back in the mid 80's a friend's mom had one. Was pretty cool. Pretty sure it was available in the US as well. Just for a few years in the late 80's.

Redbird said:
Oh man, that gives me a chubby. Dude, I'm a Poncho fan from waaaay back. My screen name comes from my red '87 Firebird. I've owned atleast one of every generation and one of every model Firebird except for a 6 or 4 cylinder car.
Judging by the engine color, I'm guessing early to mid 60's? Whatchya got that badboy stuffed into?

It's currently in my daily driver, a slightly dilapidated 1965 Tempest Custom. And it is definitely custom. THe engine is *all* custom with remote oil filter held up using a chunk of an old bed frame, mated to a lobotomized 200-4R out of a '88 Caprice. CUrrently using a single 550cf/m Eldebrock 4bbl and netting close to 24 on the highway. I don't race her, she's far too cool as a "practical" car. :D

Here's my
1030001430.jpg
1029001810.jpg
1969 Chrysler Town & Country with a slightly built 440 big block.
With gas prices this land yacht stay on dry dock.

Here's my weird one, just back from the painter and upholsterer.

Can you guess what it is, and what year?

joes4.jpg

Another shot of it going down the road.....

GoinDowntheRoad.jpg

Back
Top Bottom