1949 Chevrolet 3100 (Matching Numbers)

81CharlieBravo

So I was very fortunate to inherit this all original 1949 chevy 3100 from my grandma. Her dad bought it in 49 off the showroom floor. They actually used this for work around the farm from pulling stumps to hauling hay. It still drives great, with only 63,000 miles on it, and still operates off a 6-volt system and has the original wood boards in the bed. My ultimate goal is to do a frame off restoration, and swap out the 6-volt for a 12-volt and put new boards in the bed. Other than that, Im keeping it all the same. Its beautiful and is a real head turner, especially since Im only 24. Its quite awesome to pull into a parking lot and get stopped by several senior citizens that just want to look at the truck. The family name for the truck is The Green Hornet, not quite sure why...

100_1137.jpg

100_1139.jpg

100_1142.jpg

100_1128.jpg

100_1126.jpg

Very very cool! You are one lucky kid. (yes I can call you that) ;D
The Green Hornet was a crime fighter on a radio show back when that truck was new. Later on, it was a TV show when I was a kid, most recently one of those movies spun off from old TV shows.
That truck is pure vintage stuff. Don't change a thing that you don't have to... just like you said.
CONGRATS!

I don't even know if I would touch it! Convert to 12v and call it good. That is a survivor!

Hoosier Daddy said:
Very very cool! You are one lucky kid. (yes I can call you that) ;D
The Green Hornet was a crime fighter on a radio show back when that truck was new. Later on, it was a TV show when I was a kid, most recently one of those movies spun off from old TV shows.
That truck is pure vintage stuff. Don't change a thing that you don't have to... just like you said.
CONGRATS!

I am actually a big Bruce Lee fan and have always known about the The Green Hornet, well before this new version came out. I guess I just never realized that the time lines matched up the way they did. Haha! Thanks!

Absolutely gorgeous!
I recently rebuilt the wood bed in my '86 Stepside. You can get out for under $100 (including new hardware) if you're willing to do some cutting and routing on your own ;)

I had a 50 3100 the 6v sydtem is fine the only thing i had to do to mine was put steel timing gears in it. i loved that truck and i will have another one at some point. but i sold it for money for a down payment on our house.

Hoosier Daddy said:
Now you need a matching Kato from the same year to put in the bed...

1949-harley-davidson-fl-hydra-glide-1.jpg

Thats funny you say that cause Ive always loved the idea of a matching bike for the truck haha! I never would have thought to call the bike Kato thought! haha!

81CharlieBravo said:
Thats funny you say that cause Ive always loved the idea of a matching bike for the truck haha! I never would have thought to call the bike Kato thought! haha!

;)

That's why I am here Bubba!

Back
Top Bottom