KZ650 Street Fighter

Looks good. 8)

So what did ya have to do?? Grind a little out of the frame?? Have a little turned off the arm?? Any bushings made for the pivot bolt??

Ya cant just say "its in"!!!! We some tech bro!!! ;D

ctluba said:
Looks good. 8)

So what did ya have to do?? Grind a little out of the frame?? Have a little turned off the arm?? Any bushings made for the pivot bolt??

Ya cant just say "its in"!!!! We some tech bro!!! ;D

Just had to grind a little bit off of the frame. Then took the stock zx6r swingarm bolt and bored it out to fit the KZ bolt, so it is pretty much a sleeve. Was able to use all the factory mounting hardware from the zx6r :) Pretty straight forward swap really.

Here's a pic of it mounted in.
2012-12-25_14-57-22_702_zpsa07047ee.jpg

ctluba said:
Nice work, looks really good. 8)

You gonna mono shock or run duals??

Thanks!

I will be running a dual shock setup. I don't really like the look of the newer swingarm, so the dual shock will at least give it some classic look. Hopefully powder coating the swingarm black will help also.

I think duals will look good also.

As far as the swinger, I like the look with the silver finish. It adds some contrast to the black frame and wheels. But that is just me, you gotta build what you you envision. Who knows, when you get it set up your way and I see it, I will probably like it better than silver!!!!! ;D

ctluba said:
I think duals will look good also.

As far as the swinger, I like the look with the silver finish. It adds some contrast to the black frame and wheels. But that is just me, you gotta build what you you envision. Who knows, when you get it set up your way and I see it, I will probably like it better than silver!!!!! ;D

Exactly! The frame and swinger are all that will be black really. Wheels will get a metallic gunmetal color, tank & plastics will be a different color (I think), and all the little stuff will be contrasted as well.

Am I the only one seeing the "photobucket missing photo" thing? Bummed cause the bike looked promising in the first few posts!

Thanks for the compliments guys!

timeconsuming said:
Am I the only one seeing the "photobucket missing photo" thing? Bummed cause the bike looked promising in the first few posts!

Sorry about that. I moved the pics into a new album, and it broke all the links. Should be fixed now!

Everything is out getting tigged together right now. Hope to start getting it back together this week.

What did you have to machine on the stem to fit those forks? It almost looks in that photo as if the bottom retaining collar was machined off, but that wouldn't work so I'm not sure how it was modified to fit the KZ frame. Care to share?

Back
Top Bottom