My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project

Tunnel ready for welding. You can just see Mk1 tunnel in the background, it doesn't always go right the first time!

Attachments

• tunnel.JPG
    tunnel.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 219

That's some awesome work. One Q I have though, is about the trapped fuel in that area of the tank bottom / sides above the welded edge. I mean it's not a problem near as I can see, aside from the fact the tank would be difficult to drain/dry fully and you might end up with residue / sediment in that thin cavity.

I see what you are saying but I'm thinking any sediment or fines in the fuel are probably better off being in that isolated area than going through the engine or plugging up up the fuel filter.

Tunnel welded, now I just have the mounting brackets and petcock to do.

Attachments

• tunnel weld.JPG
    tunnel weld.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 210
  • on bike.JPG
    on bike.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 217

Outstanding work my friend! I really like the rest of the bike as I've mentioned in many posts but I think this is your topper most. I approve.
Cheers, 50gary

Shit damn shit, thats a nice looking tank and seat. I can't wait to see this on the BOTM banner.

I hope this helps

Attachments

• IMAG1005.jpg
    IMAG1005.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 904

And this is suzuki's daytona road race spec's

Attachments

• IMAG1011.jpg
    IMAG1011.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 921
  • IMAG1010.jpg
    IMAG1010.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 943
  • IMAG1009.jpg
    IMAG1009.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 958

Its hard to see ill photo copy and mail it to ya if you want bike looks great btw

You gonna end up with a real good looking bike man!
Question, how thick alloy did you use building the gastank?
// Pat

Pat, the alloy is 1.5mm thick. I tried using 1mm and it was to thin.

OK ... I just found your other tread with the tank, really nice reading and a lot of info!

Got my rear lights done. Not sure where or how to mount the licence plate yet.

Attachments

• tail lights.JPG
    tail lights.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 193

Two locations come to mind, first right at the break line (just past the shock mount) on the undertail, mount the plate bracket vertical. This would keep the tail very clean looking. Some States allow that, I've seen sportbikes that look illegal? You could also easily mount a small light on the underside as well. Second would be more conventional, the same angle as the undertail but opposite, down sloping almost as the end of a fender. Top edge would start about 1.5" before the trailing edge of the tail again so a light could be mounted flush (like the turnsignals) but pointed downward. Aluminum plate, with large holes.
Cheers, 50gary

Rear Brembo painted to match front Tokico's.

Attachments

• rear caliper.JPG
    rear caliper.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 188

What about a plate mount off of the side of the swing arm? Maybe an angled vertical mount to match the angle of the frame tubes? An updated side profile pic of the bike would help us all to see what there is to work with now ;)

Back
Top Bottom