1978 CB750k Shock Mount Fabrication

firebane

braaaaaaaaaaap
Due to a previous PO and a few hack jobs done on the bike I have I am looking at redoing some frame work including the shock mounts for the upper shock eye. You can see below the awesome mess the PO of future made and I want to correct this.

What I want to do is cut off all the original metal and stud and redo it properly. I already have a hoop and slugs that I will be welding to the frame and despite much google searching I can't find a solid answer on knowing where to mount the stud or angle of shock or any of that.

I've included a picture of what I think would work for getting some measurements to ensure its at least in the proper "area". But if anyone has a better idea I'm open to listening.

rCChkWml.jpg

8hkHmjDl.jpg

HcbNyoxl.jpg

Ever figure it out? That looks like the stock shock pin location to me, based on a quick GIS of a 78 cb750.

For mine having the swing arm on with the shocks bolted up I made up a simple jig piece to hold the shock with pin at the stock angle. I measured and made a rod to keep the pins the correct distance from the centerline of the bike too. So now the pins just float there while I play with different ideas.

GK7vOSBh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom