Slip ons

rappz7

I think ive decided to chop off the end of my stock mufflers (the previous owner already did the other one) and just putting on some slip ons. The stock headers are in really good shape plus most aftermarket exhaust for a 79 cb650 are either made with crap metal or just way to expensive to justify on this build. My pipes measure (with a pair of digital calipers) 1.68 inches outside diameter and 1.58 inches inside diameter. With a tape measure it reads roughly around 1 and 9/16 inches. I found some shorty emgos that say they can fit 1 1/2 inch and 1 3/4. Does this mean only these sizes will fit these pipes with the included reducers or will in between sizes fit? All input is greatly appreciated , thanks.

That slip on will fit anything between 1.5" to 1.75". If you fall in the middle, you're good to go.

J-Rod10 said:
That slip on will fit anything between 1.5" to 1.75". If you fall in the middle, you're good to go.

I just want to be sure that if i order these they will seat nicely and not leak. 16th of an inch doesnt sound like a lot but trying to clamp the steel until it gets close enough to the headers seems tough. I could be wrong though ive never used slips ons and maybe that metal around the inlet is flexible to the point where it grabs the headers and stays put?

Back
Top Bottom