CB1100F

J-Rod10

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
Found the bike for $700 on the FB marketplace a month or two ago. Figured why not dump a bit of coin, and an insane amount of time in it.

Have a Duc 748 swingarm I'm going to stick in there, 848 wheel (because it's damn sexy), R1 front end. I love the DOHC F tanks, so that'll be used. I've plenty of glass and carbon sitting in the shop to build a seat and fairing.

At present, I'm stripping her down. Will rebuild the engine next week. Subframe is coming off, and I'll weld a new one in to accommodate the seat, undertail electronics, and shock mount. Tank had a hair of surface rust, so it's on a shelf full of Metal Rescue right now.

All new electronics are in route. 4-2-1 Tri-Y exhaust with a reverse cone, and I'll be using Murray's Carbs 4-2 Mikuni system again. His carbs work a treat.

Hoping to have all the hard work done next week. Then comes the detail work that takes the most time.

Undecided if I want to paint, or wrap this one. I like the idea of having a spare tank, seat, and fairing I can swap in and out when I make my way to shows, and keep the other on for riding.

Should make for a bit of fun anyhow.
ad46eaf0c9b3aee9b9b65d71df505bb5.jpg
c499a8ba1203fd0c8f303e0cbef6d9b3.jpg
d7a44446a6169a631ecb2f48547b7080.jpg
80a6a35488be2b1fcfbc21e69c6c1736.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Oh NO! Don't cut up such a classic! (jk) ;)

I do like these bikes, a lot. I've thought to get the 750 at some point. It'll be cool to see one customized.

Subscribed.
My brother used to have a Blue/White 1100F "back in the day". Supertrapp 4-1, and CR flatslides. It was a fun bike to ride ;D
Hey, if you decide to ditch the side panels, gimme a holler. I'd love to have one to hang on the shop wall.

Redbird said:
Subscribed.
My brother used to have a Blue/White 1100F "back in the day". Supertrapp 4-1, and CR flatslides. It was a fun bike to ride ;D
Hey, if you decide to ditch the side panels, gimme a holler. I'd love to have one to hang on the shop wall.
I sent all of the body work I am not using to a few chaps doing restorations.

Most all the new electronics arrived yesterday. Charging system, wiring harness, etc. Need to decide what to do with the ignition system, and the handle bar controls should be here by Monday.

Next bit of actual work, is going to be figuring the subframe out, and getting the shock mount welded in, and properly braced.

never seen one with those wheels before, all of ours got 'boomerang' comstars

sounds like a wicked fun project, are you going big bore silly on the motor

spotty said:
never seen one with those wheels before, all of ours got 'boomerang' comstars

sounds like a wicked fun project, are you going big bore silly on the motor
I thought about it, but it'd be a good bit of wasted work, IMO. I'll spend most of my time on her in the Ozarks. Tight roads, lots of bends. Little chance to open her up and take advantage of increased power. Stock, they put around 95HP to the wheel. Should be more than sufficient for the type of riding I want to do.

Think I may go with this seat. May build one more a bit differently, and see how I like it on the frame.
8d795f9aea1614117d243f2659f4ef45.jpg

Going to be able to get a bit of length back out of the R1 forks that I had anticipated losing. Smaller diameter pieces goes on the bottom of the cartridges to raise them up. Larger diameter screws in where the stock fork cap does. Stock fork cap screws in up top, retaining adjustability.
b1b7155a5f5012ead8c010883b0c1039.jpg

J-Rod10 said:
Going to be able to get a bit of length back out of the R1 forks that I had anticipated losing. Smaller diameter pieces goes on the bottom of the cartridges to raise them up. Larger diameter screws in where the stock fork cap does. Stock fork cap screws in up top, retaining adjustability.
b1b7155a5f5012ead8c010883b0c1039.jpg

Where are those bad boys from?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Hey at least you took advantage of the weak Aussie dollar. Lowest since January.

J-Rod10 said:
I sent all of the body work I am not using to a few chaps doing restorations.
No worries. Better there than hanging on a wall anyway ;)

Brodie said:
Hey at least you took advantage of the weak Aussie dollar. Lowest since January.
I wasn't thrilled when I saw $460 after shipping was added. Bought them anyways, and bam, it pops up "You paid $329 USD."

Makes a bit more sense why I haven't been shipping much to Australia over the last couple months.

Get these suckers mounted Monday, and I'll be ready to start getting some fab work started.
a72ce51611da70510b855df92993f436.jpg

Back
Top Bottom