CB500T Cafe Build

Little progress on exhaust, I think I have the muffler where I want it. Next step is to turn my 2 into 2 head pipes into a two into 1. All the necessary tubing and collector are in stock, just need to get time to fit and tack into place. On the fence about gas welding the finish welds myself or having a real welder tig up the final welds.

Attachments

• IMG_0552.JPG
    IMG_0552.JPG
    731.8 KB · Views: 352
Good news the bike now runs and I'm very happy with the motor! It's super strong, the extra 28cc, bump in compression are really noticeable. I still have a lot of tuning to do to get it dialed in, like timing and getting the vm32 carbs fine tuned. Bad news is that the guy who built my exhaust did not have a clue! Pipe angle is all wrong and will drag in a mild right corner, so I got to cut it up and fix it myself! Guess if you want it done right you have to do it yourself...

Anyone know how to post a video? I can upload a short vid of my pops taking it down the road.

Kick start stop broke in case! Common problem made worse by going to kick only with extra compression. “Fixed” it by removing kick shaft from case and blocking it off. Now electric start only, so I had to add all that back. I also re welded the pipe to make it look better and not drag in corners! Now back to tuning the bike, thus no carbs a loose wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_0859.JPG
    IMG_0859.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0658.JPG
    IMG_0658.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0673.JPG
    IMG_0673.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 269
Back