81 GPZ 550 cafe brat build

Dfinnegan

Here are some pics of my first bike project. First the before pile of sheeeet. I traded a pile of wood in my yard for this pile of motorcycle parts. I never did a project this big before and I have a beginner set of tools and even less skillz. I only snapped a couple of pics during the process, but now that I got this here fancy new smart phone I'm like a salior in a West Indies whore house. Not sure that makes any sense.
I love the Wrenchmonkees website and this one, of course. Both inspirational to say the least. Still a work in porgress, everyday I think of redoing shit. First thing is to get a matching front tire, than take care of the big ol front master and replace it with something cooler looking. Paint the frame, blah blah blah. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_0114[1].JPG
    IMG_0114[1].JPG
    684.1 KB · Views: 278
The fiber glass tray for battery and wiring harness. Than the "It's to nice out not to ride almost done put together road worthy cycle".
Last pic is how it sits today, ya know, always a work in progress....

Attachments

• IMG_0028[1].JPG
    IMG_0028[1].JPG
    466.5 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0097[1].JPG
    IMG_0097[1].JPG
    573 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_0201[1].JPG
    IMG_0201[1].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 616
Too cool.I first did the ton(+) on a 84 550GPZ awesome little bike.God job on the build.

Right on man. I just picked up am 82 GPZ550. Super fun little bike.

Any chance you have (and are willing to part with) the stock 81 tank?

Back
Top Bottom