Post a pic of your motorcycle as it sits

irk miller said:
Yessir. Got it sorted, with tag in hand. It'll make the trip to Thaw.
Nice, wish I could make the thaw. Not likely so have fun and drink a few berrs for me

irk miller said:
9096125558382fb00b42e74bf3b5fee7.jpg

Went to the tag office to get the airhead legal, but the VIN didn't show up in their computer. So, they give me the form and tell me I need a VIN cert from a sheriff. This is Augusta and its Masters week, so good luck getting a traffic division Sheriff out to your shop. The only way was to load it up and take it to their office. An odd sight for sure- an old boxchevy dragging an airhead.

Glad you got your tags. I need to haul a couple down for vin inspections too.

Just rebuilt the topend

Attachments

• IMG_0247.PNG
    IMG_0247.PNG
    665.6 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0242.JPG
    IMG_0242.JPG
    819.1 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0216.JPG
    IMG_0216.JPG
    450.8 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0224.JPG
    IMG_0224.JPG
    943.8 KB · Views: 198
Had the heads vapor blasted and milled. Pushed the cc to 400 with a little aggressive port timing. Think I may be a jet or 2 lean in the main tho. I'll play with that once the weather breaks. Need to rebuild the oil pump still, get new rear shocks, and a new seat.

The Humpty Hump jigsaw puzzle getting closer...
IMG_1752_zpsvf857ryk.jpg

Got all the corner pieces in, now just need to fit the inside pieces :p

Thanks again for the help Clem ;)

Yea, I put the new parts on anyway.
I figured that'll teach the "peek-a-boo parts" a lesson ;) :p

I didn't want to cut up this one with a Sawzall like my XS650s.

Attachments

• IMG_0364 (4).JPG
    IMG_0364 (4).JPG
    245.8 KB · Views: 195
This happened over the weekend...
IMG_1758_zpsmjdkgbdd.jpg

IMG_1759_zpslm3aqiux.jpg

The Humpty Lump is together again.
Waitin on a clutch, points/condenser, and a few miscellaneous parts.

I guess I need to get the build thread up now that things are starting to happen :p

New big bore S&S cylinders, Wiseco pistons, S&S roller rockers, hydro lifters, pushrods, oil pump, Thunderheader exhaust, new ignition, voes and more. Went from a sloppy, low compression 84" motor to higher compression stroked 93" motor. It's going through heat cycles now and hearing it fire up is a whole new beast.

Attachments

• ccchop_11apr17.jpg
    ccchop_11apr17.jpg
    446.7 KB · Views: 200
canyoncarver said:
New big bore S&S cylinders, Wiseco pistons, S&S roller rockers, hydro lifters, pushrods, oil pump, Thunderheader exhaust, new ignition, voes and more. Went from a sloppy, low compression 84" motor to higher compression stroked 93" motor. It's going through heat cycles now and hearing it fire up is a whole new beast.
That exhaust is tits. Looking more fun to ride.

Back
Top Bottom