1972 CB250 Brat Tracker FINISHED!

Re: Gentlemen's CB250 Brat Tracker

I've decided I'm going to trim the seat down. Much better flow and closer to what I planned originally
421504_455924104478819_1608035655_n_zps4bc16a2a.jpg

Hmm if you've got the time and money go for it for sure, look forward to seeing a pic with the updated seat.

In my opinion the lines are much nicer with the slimmer seat.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Not to throw a wrench in the plans, but I think part of the problem is how high the seat sits on the frame rail. I like the weight of the bigger seat in regards to proportion. If you could take the bigger seat and sit it lower, even overhanging on the frame, I think it would be bang on.

Shamus,
The 72 CB's have stamped frame, so the seat pan is sitting on the flange rather than down on the frame. When I take the foam out I'm going to add a 8mm wire around the edge on the bottom of the seat pan to drop the "visual bottom" of the seat a bit lower.

Didn't realise until I went to put it on, but I am missing my rear brake linkage. I have the brake rod but it is a bit bent.
Anyone have one lying around??

This is what I need:
BnLMbRgBWkKGrHqUOKjcEtzIYhgIBLieZ1cnYg_12_zpse3f069a7.jpg

surfpig, I can bend the brake rod back into shape but I'm still missing the brake linkage (the bit that fits over the spline on the hub).

Gentlemen's CB250 Brat Tracker

hip said:
surfpig, I can bend the brake rod back into shape but I'm still missing the brake linkage (the bit that fits over the spline on the hub).

I'm confused mate, that's the bit in your hand that fits on your spline.

Yeah that is just a photo I found on google. Not my hand.

Almost done!
Just waiting for the brake lever and battery.

cb-4438_zps93e8ba2b.jpg

cb-4446_zps0917fbbc.jpg

cb-4441_zps4b8ba004.jpg

Looking great, You decided not to change the seat, i seem to recall you saying about skirting the bottom of the pan?

Tom.

Tom, it has been changed.
I took a layer of foam out and ran a 8mm alloy tube along the bottom edge of the seat pan.
I also tidied up the leather where it is glued and riveted to the bottom of the pan to make it sit better on the frame.

It still doesn't sit perfect, but much better than what it was.

Oh I can see it now! It does tidy up the bottom edge of the pan in comparison to before, looks alot smoother.

Any chance of putting a video up, I think were all dying to see what she's like!

Back
Top Bottom