KZ200 Brat Tracker Build -- "Poor Man's Pine"

I have decided to go back to the stock rear shocks, but keep the lowered front. The higher rear shocks meant that I would have to lengthen my kick-stand and cut off my rear foot pegs for passengers (because of the modified stock exhaust I'm using). I want to keep the rear foot pegs, and I don't feel like spending fabrication time on a kick stand.

I'm happy with the stance, and more importantly, it saves me a bunch of work. If anyone else (Oil Cooker?) wants the longer shocks, let me know and you can have them for free. The top "eye" of the shock is too small for the stock mounts, and require drilling out the frame and replacing the stock top mounts with a smaller bolt. This wouldn't be all that difficult, but I'm in the mood to get this thing back on the street as soon as possible.

I'm going away for the weekend, will still have access to the net can you post a pic of the top eye for me, please. If it works for me maybe we can make a deal, I will pay for the shipping on the airbox and filter,and once you get that you send me the shocks. and if there's a difference in cost I will cover it.

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,191
Oil Cooker Designs said:
I'm going away for the weekend, will still have access to the net can you post a pic of the top eye for me, please. If it works for me maybe we can make a deal, I will pay for the shipping on the airbox and filter,and once you get that you send me the shocks. and if there's a difference in cost I will cover it.

Sorry for taking so long on the airbox. My house sold and Im moving. I will post a pic of the shocks with a tape measure later tonight.

I like the idea of swapping!

Here are pics of the shocks. They are 14.5" from eyelet to eyelet. Both eyelets are the same size and are very close in size to the bottom eyelet of the stock kz200 schock.

They are a little rusty and show some age since they are from an old school dirt bike from the local parts shop. I jumped on them pretty good before taking them off the former bike, and they seem to have plenty of life left. A little cleaning/sanding, elbow grease, and paint--and they should look great.

aaronbev79 said:
Time to get this engine running again!

To do list:

- Clean and reassemble carburetor (finished)
- All new gaskets
- Clean and paint jug (finished), side covers (finished), and head
- Install engine back in frame and reinstall wiring harness

I painted the jug, cleaned all the carbon off the old piston, and started to get most of the carbon off of the head and valves. If all goes well, I should have the engine reassembled and painted by the end of the weekend.

What did you use to clean up the pistons? Just the WD and rag that is sitting there?

Off site image hosting is a roll of the dice. This forum has plenty of space, post them directly to the thread and don't use an external image hosting service. Those services are (especially photobucket) are killing forums when they close and lock their doors. I was hoping to see the kz200 build. I have one in my barn.

Back
Top Bottom