1977 KZ 650 bobber

OldSchoolKaw86

Okay me and Teazer are going to have a biker build off of sorts. Im going to be building a 1977 Kawasaki kz 650 bobber with a 1974 Kawasaki z1 900 motor stuffed in it. I'm going to be heavily modifying the frame, stretching the swing arm and building my hard tail around it. My first order of business will be to get rid of those tubes on either side of the backbone so i can fit my sporty tank. I still haven't figured out how i'm going to brace the frame to strengthen it, so any ideas would be appreciated. The swing arm on it is from a kz 900 and i will retain the spoked wheels front and back. I'm going for and old school clean look. I'll post pics tomorrow (well later on today) of my progress.

Got a lot done today, the tubes cut the way i want, and i cut the swing arm and lengthened it 3.5 inches to get the clearance and look i was after, i did a rough mock up of what it will look like. Here are the pics.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 256
Cool! I'm looking forward to see how you stuff the 900 into that frame :)

KZ650 Bobber is the next project on my list.... it's gonna be a while, but I have a frame waiting.

Good luck!

Yeah, i have been seriously contemplating the 900 motor instal, the cases are split and it needs a complete rebuild. I might try and find a 650 or 750 and go that route we shall see. More pics as she progresses.

Ive been helping my buddy build his xs 550 yamaha bobber over the last few day's and have a great idea on how i want to do my frame, i cut off those hideous side tubes that the coils mount to, im going to be running a single backbone, and bracing it under the backbone to the down tubes. Not all that sure about the hard tail portion of it yet......

Not to much news to report :( Im focusing more on my Z1 900 rebuild, but i've laid out my single backbone and bracing and i am brainstorming ideas for my custom hard tail. Il post some pics in a few days :)

Back
Top Bottom