mounting stick on wheel weights ..

sandman28

Been Around the Block
the xs650 rims I have on my CB build will only allow me to stick the weights on on side of rim (only place possibly flat enough).. have never put a wheel weight on there and im concerned with their strength to stay stuck... mounting in the normal location has some advantages with inertia im sure. If anyone has any experience with this let me know. thanks!

get ya some lead fishing round stock on a roll and wrap a spoke at da nipl
41reTb4nK%2BL._SX300_.jpg

thanks, just read that somewhere. does it stay on itself well when wrapped ? or need glued/sealed somehow. is it just lead solder ?

sandman28 said:
thanks, just read that somewhere. does it stay on itself well when wrapped ? or need glued/sealed somehow. is it just lead solder ?
i have the tubliss system so it take a lot of weight on 2-3 spokes
yeah it will stay,pretty much, it is a little tricky to wrap i use the 1/4"
once you get it wrapped then crush it tite with plyers
like midwife says you can always get out the coke scales and weigh it and then order/buy some of them sweet bullet spoke weights

I use the crimp on lead sinkers. Eagle Claw makes some with a rubber piece you can pull out and it leaves enough of an opening for the spoke. They come in 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 oz weights so combining different sinkers to get balance is easy. They sell them at a bunch of outdoor retailers, bait and tackle and WalMart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom