What is your tire breakin routine?

Nah they really won't stick until you see smoke. Try this. You will need a friend.
176578.gif

i just scrub them in a lil bit careful like, find a chip sealed road it don't take long neither

mount tires, then ride easy the first 20miles or so with a mix GRADUAL leaning/hard breaking/hard acceleratingThere's not really any need to physically hand scrub tires, the "releasing compounds" in the tires need to be set free by getting heat into the tire. some people will slap tires on their race bikes, take the first 2-3 laps easy and then balls to the wall. as long as you don't leave your driveway at full throttle you should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone

Tires, unless some insane old stock, don;t have the old school "mold release" on them. Ride them after a wipe down like they are 1000kms old. Greasy palms from installing, wipe it off.

Considering it looks as though a similar accident already ripped his sleeves and leathers away, this fella's having a bad day...

Cue chumbawumba

cosworth said:
Tires, unless some insane old stock, don;t have the old school "mold release" on them. Ride them after a wipe down like they are 1000kms old. Greasy palms from installing, wipe it off.

Tires most definitely still have a silicone coating, its part of the manufacturing process and also prevents the tire from rotting if sits.

From what I have read (replies from the company/companies) , only one manufacturer uses mold release - Michelin.

And their tire break in specs are far lower than companies that do not us release. As I stated, wipe it down with some solvent and have at it.

Back
Top Bottom