Speeding Ticket discrepancy

Kuyarico

Coast to Coast
Not a specific motorcycle question. I got a bullshit speeding ticket last week while driving a 'tan' colored Buick Enclave. Apparently traveling 38 mph in a 25mph zone just after it went from being a 35mph zone. On the ticket, the officer reported the color of the vehicle to be 'silver'. Should I fight this ticket based on the fact that this cop was incompetent? Also based on the fact it's possible that he had originally targeted a silver vehicle and accidentally pulled me over? Should I just pay the $150 ticket and be done with it? $150 bucks could also buy me some parts for my 350....

In my experience (Texas cop ;D), if the officer is willing to say it was you, the judge is gonna agree. I wasn't there obviously, but unless you dig up Johnny Cochran, its your word against his (and possibly his camera). I never discourage someone for standing up if there done wrong, but if the judge asks if you were traveling 38 in a 25, you'll either have to lie or tell him "technically" yes.

Case closed, it's all over but the crying. Sounds like a mercy of the court case, and probably not win-able.

Good luck either way.

i say fight it.

hell, if the cop doesnt make the court date, then you will win. these little techinicalities are often enough to reason that you didnt speed.

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

remember those words ;)

CresentSon said:
In my experience (Texas cop ;D), if the officer is willing to say it was you, the judge is gonna agree. I wasn't there obviously, but unless you dig up Johnny Cochran, its your word against his (and possibly his camera). I never discourage someone for standing up if there done wrong, but if the judge asks if you were traveling 38 in a 25, you'll either have to lie or tell him "technically" yes.

Case closed, it's all over but the crying. Sounds like a mercy of the court case, and probably not win-able.

Good luck either way.

Thanks for your input. That's probably what I needed to hear. BTW, I never said that I was going 38. The officer told me that I was. Or at least someone in a silver suv. ;) Anyhoo, I paid the ticket. They win. It's a part of town where they are very generous with speeding, parking and jay-walking tickets. Lesson learned.

Sorry to hear it brother... sounds like you might need to find another route.

For the record, most of us aren't like that.

Back
Top Bottom