"clipons and stock foot pegs" and other cafe racer faux pas

snmavridis

Gettin my life together. One bolt. At a time.
Why don't we have a fun little thread where we poke some fun at typical cafe racer faux pas. I'll start:

Clipons and stock foot pegs

Pictures of body lean in a turn but the bike is upright

Mojave tanks on everything

And go!

Repop Firestones, no fenders or braces, pods, flat seat with no clearance for said repops, poorly thought out monoshock conversions, lowered front ends....

Did I miss anything?

Re: "clipons and stock foot pegs" and other cafe racer faux pas

Pod filters... guilty on that one haha!

Haha me too! I love when guys simply say they won't work. Pain in the ass but you can get there!

Clip ons with stock foot pegs? Hey, I've done this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the fun of this thread! We're all guilty of form over function!

I mean, I'm probably going to paint my tank before I sandblast my frame and engine. That's gotta be faux pas. But I don't give a hoot! It's kind of like those "shit white girls say" or "shit vegans say" videos. We're all guilty, but it's funny.

snmavridis said:
That's the fun of this thread! We're all guilty of form over function!

Well, sometimes you can only afford one mod at a time. We can't all afford to have everything we dream up finished all at once. Who cares if I look legit or not while I ride my project.

xulf13 said:
Well, sometimes you can only afford one mod at a time.

Don't I know it! That's why my build is taking 5 years!

coyote13 said:
Haha me too! I love when guys simply say they won't work. Pain in the ass but you can get there!

I hear you. Almost thought about throwing in the towel and getting something different...... But what would I learn then right?

I'm using them for ease of maintenance right now since I keep dicking around with the seat and carbs. When she's all patched up I'll rethink the pod situation... or not. Who knows

I've heard that they are a REAL bitch on 550's (as if they weren't generally a bitch). Might behoove you to seek an alternate solution sooner than later to keep from chasing your tail, but hey, your bike your rules!

Nothing wrong with clip ons and stock pegs. ppl come in all sizes. I've been using that combo for the last 9000 miles. But GSXR front ends on cb360s and cb750s annoy the piss out of me.

Oddly enough, I like modern front ends as long as the geometry is OK but low bars and stock pegs annoy me. We are all built differently for sure.

Monoshock swing arms kill me. At that point is it really a cafe racer anymore?
No offense teazer

snmavridis said:
Monoshock swing arms kill me. At that point is it really a cafe racer anymore?
No offense teazer

Whats the problem with mono shocks??

Mr.E said:
Nothing wrong with clip ons and stock pegs. ppl come in all sizes. I've been using that combo for the last 9000 miles. But GSXR front ends on cb360s and cb750s annoy the piss out of me.

I wrenched on a CL175 with a GSXR front end... ouch.

Back
Top Bottom