72' CL350 nickle and dime time

Re: 72' CL350 "KILLING MACHINE"

braze it or weld it... that is the best way to do it... but to be honest i have never tried a sealer on a leaky tank... may work like that por15 stuff

thanks Joe, that was my initial thought too, but it looks like the pinhole is hiding under the rear tank mount and is gonna be nearly impossible to get at.
if that's the case can anyone recommend a sealer?

through some paint on. have a honda wing that I've yet to hand paint on either side of the tank.
then I'll prolly call it a day for now.

I'll post some better pictures later.

CIMG0078.jpg

CIMG0076.jpg

CIMG0079.jpg

CIMG0075-1.jpg

I used POR15. It comes with a little sheet of mesh weave that you use to patch a pinhole. I did attempt to weld up the leak first, but kept burning through since the metal around the leak was very thin and I was using a inexpensive fluxcore mig setup. Eventually I was able to chase most of the pin holes down, I ground down the welds, then used the weave to patch the hole. I haven't had any issues with leaking, and the por15 hold up great. But just be sure to follow the instructions very closely. I did deviate a bit in that I used CLR to prep the surface as their equivalent in the kit comes in a small quantity. It's been over a year, and I've had no issues with flaking or anything like that, and definitely no problems with any leaks.

So I've been riding this thing around for a couple weeks and its a blast!
I need to re-jet. it's struggling to maintain low speeds. runs great when Im cruising.
I've been on the freeway at about 85mph. terrifying for a new rider through detroit.
I need a mirror and some tags lights to be completely legal.
I'm gonna upload more shots and a little blurb on show and shine later.

Untitled-16_edit.jpg

Yes sir, I am a fan.

You could always pick up some LED tag bolts. That's what I used on my 360.

That looks like fun, has all the right elements though I'd flip the clip-ons left to right, they should be tilted down a bit...if you put many miles on it I think your wrists will be really sore. Just a thought....

back from the dead my CL350 is finally going to get the finishing touches is deserves. Updates will be trickling in until it's finished this winter. I've made this quick illustration of what is to be the final product. haven't finalized the exhaust detail but it will definitely be a high exhaust.

anyone had any experience with the gasket kits from dimecity?

Attachments

• 350_paint_fin.jpg
    350_paint_fin.jpg
    501.8 KB · Views: 334
taking care of details. I could never kick start my bike because my cbr rear sets were always in the way. removed the spring and inserted a magnet in the space were the spring would have sat. now the peg will flip up and stay in place while kick starting. going to get a quote on exhaust fabrication tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1511.jpg
    IMG_1511.jpg
    638.8 KB · Views: 360
Back
Top Bottom