Pjdaves DRZ 400 scrambler

Small progress, I dropped the headlight brackets down and fabricated the mounts for the front guard.

Attachments

• z22.JPG
    z22.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 704
  • z23.JPG
    z23.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 785
I built a Mini paint booth and got to painting everything, the rest of the parts came back from Powdercoat and I got it back on its feet. Seat is done. Exhaust and wiring next. pj

Attachments

• Z27.JPG
    Z27.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 2,801
  • Z25.JPG
    Z25.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 624
  • Z26.JPG
    Z26.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 785
  • Z24.jpg
    Z24.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 662
That is fantastic!

Are you keeping the tank polished, or are you planning on painting it?

At the Australian Deus Bike build off on the weekend. Pic stolen from http://www.weareninetynine.co/events-rides/deus-bike-build-off-sydney/

Attachments

• IMG_2295-1024x682.jpg
    IMG_2295-1024x682.jpg
    542.7 KB · Views: 932
pjdave said:
The Side covers are bead rolled, the seat pan has round bar tacked to the edges.
A little more progress. Fabrication is now finished on the rear end, so I started the front end. Yamaha IT inspired number plate. Dave

That is an awesome Marchal headlamp!!! I bet it was very hard to find.

Hey, the Marchel headlight was quite easy to find, I found it while searching on webike for parts for my monkey bike. Would love to have got a yellow one but I wanted to keep this bike legal.

Really diggin it. I have a WR450 that I'd like to work on but the damn radiators look like hell and I can't really toss them in the trash bin.

I have never ridden a super motard (Drz sm), only rode this one about 3 klms before I stripped it down :) Took it for a rip this afternoon pops wheelies easily on and off dirt such a fun bike.

Chop the Wr up, I must admit one of the hardest things of the build was sourcing a radiator, ended up with one off a Honda 08 Cr 125/250.

Your DRZ has been nominated for bike of the month - if you accept, a few more pics of the build wouldn't go astray, I'd be interested to hear a video of how that exhaust sounds too!
Great build mate!

Back
Top Bottom