RIP Leonard Cohen.....

Hi Beach,
Yes, a great Canadian entertainer has passed.
82 years young.
I was introduced to his music and poetry around 1967, by a sometime girlfriend who was entranced by his gifts - I remember her travelling considerable distances to his concerts, when the rest of us were still kicking around the 'hood.
He was still entertaining, writing and recording, right up 'til the end. His music will be timeless.
Truly a loss.
Pat

I ordered his last CD yesterday as I didn't want to wait for Christmas ( on my Christmas list ).

I have all his albums and CDs ............ Been playing them all day, and nearly every one evokes a special memory spanning 4 decades.

I chose "Tacoma Trailer" as the music to accompany my Gran to her last resting place, as it will accompany me when the time comes.

All Canadians will be proud and sad today - his loss is global.

May he rest in peace with the Sisters of Mercy, Suzanne or Marianne. I may still have an old cassette of those here somewhere....

I usually only read this forum on tapalalk and never post something.

One of the greatest has gone.
Maybe you don't know that. He loves the Federico Garcia Lorca poetry and loves the 1996 cd "Omega" from Enrique Morente & Lagartija Nick. This is a good chance to listen it.

[video=youtube_share;kx_Cdv5nTmM]https://youtu.be/kx_Cdv5nTmM[/video]

merenat said:
I usually only read this forum on tapalalk and never post something.

One of the greatest has gone.
Maybe you don't know that. He loves the Federico Garcia Lorca poetry and loves the 1996 cd "Omega" from Enrique Morente & Lagartija Nick. This is a good chance to listen it.

[video=youtube_share;kx_Cdv5nTmM]https://youtu.be/kx_Cdv5nTmM[/video]

Thanx for your input - one of our UK TV stations ran a couple of his filmed tours last night - nearly every song brought back a memory, and a little tear.

And here's my coffee table reading matter for the past 2 months .................... mind you the Jim Beam has only been there for a week !

Back
Top Bottom