CB550 Brat/Cafe

Awesome crappy teaser of the slugs fabbed up for the triple trees.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 1,165
So we ran into issues trying to run the 636 front, it's now on the back burner, I'm going to rebuild the stock forks for now until I decide what I want to do. With that I finally got the bike back to my place and started tearing into it. I pulled off the melted harness, gauges and a few other small items to prep it for it's new look.

Yesterday Andrew came over with a fancy wire tray that will sit under the seat and hopefully house all the wiring bits. We also cut the back half of the frame off and prepped it for the hoop. While Andrew is working out the details for the hoop I need to get cracking on this wiring mess and getting it cleaned up. I also think I want to mount the battery box on the swingarm so it's a bit out of the way.

8599623863_b0f07437df_z.jpg

8600729522_0809dab3de_z.jpg

8600731694_a6a7254769_z.jpg

It's finally starting to take shape 8)

-Keith

Thanks guys, I'm just glad to get it back at the house. I started working on the wiring yesterday and made some good progress. It's tight. I may have to revisit how I packed it in hopes that I can make it less.... overstuffed haha. I also made a command decision and mounted the battery box on the swingarm. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be a bad move later down the road. Once we get the hoop taken care of I hope to get this project moving quickly. It seems us Indy folks like to play the deadline game. We have a group going to the "Do The Ton Spring Thaw" in Kentucky and every one of us are eyeballs deep into our projects, Andrew being the furthest away from any :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 304
I have faith in you guys. Sounds like Andrew is going to take care of everyone else and at the last min go crazy on his own bike n somehow make it. I am also familiar with that strategy, lol.

oldskool said:
I have faith in you guys. Sounds like Andrew is going to take care of everyone else and at the last min go crazy on his own bike n somehow make it. I am also familiar with that strategy, lol.

Andrew certainly is helping out with the "government projects" lol. We've been spreading the help out depending on when parts arrive and for who. Andrew is waiting on his head then we can start muscling his out, I think he has all the fab work finished on his it's mostly reassembly work the upholstery. I believe Jordan's is mostly ready minus tire mounting.

Andrew pulled through like a champ and with a litte trial and error I present to you "Hoop".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 851
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 862
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 905
It's all back together enough to do some test rides on so I can button up the loose ends. Only problem is, she keeps popping the main fuse. I fear it's the only harness I have yet to replace. The small one with the rectifier and solenoid. So I scoured eBay last night and bought one with all of the little bits. Hopefully it's a quick plug and play and it fired up. Always fun fixing someone else's mistakes. I'm drawn to these types of projects like a hot chick to a douchebag guy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 303
Nasty looking beast! Should be lots of fun especially with the GP Werks exhaust!

Looking great, man. That last shot with the front wheel in all its glory is great.

Thanks gents. While it's still down I went ahead and continued tweaking. I put on a set of new bars and ill be swapping in new plugs tonight. I hope this guy mails that part out quickly, I'm anxious to get it.

Keith

The parts arrived and I hope to dig into it tomorrow night(late). Wife is outta town for the weekend leaving me on kiddo duty which is fun in it's own way but limits my wrench time haha.

Back
Top Bottom