360 swiftly

andoor

Been Around the Block
I have been around this site for a while and finally signed up. A couple of months ago I began looking for a project bike and fell in love with the 70's hondas. I eventually found a deal on 2 75' CB 360's. One of the bikes is pretty rough and only good for parts (may end up as a rat bobber when this bike is done), but I am finally making some progress on my build and decided to share it. I have been inspired by so many awesome bikes on this site. I hope you enjoy my non traditional cafe build.

This is what I am starting with. All the best parts from both bikes.
IMG_0455.jpg

Smoothed out the frame
IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

Added some bracing and 2 up seat pan fab
IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

I am not the best welder/fabricator but i definitely have all the tools I need at my disposal and hope this project will give me some good experience.

Re: 360 swiftly

Finished the seat pan and welding the back end of the frame.

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

next steps cutting the foam for the seat and designing the the box to hold the SLA wheelchair battery and electronics under the seat

-Andie

A wheelchair battery? You live by a nursing home or something? Kidding man, good start so far.

What kind of foam are you using on the seat?

Yea the site I ordered the battery from said it was a direct replacement for a long list of electric wheelchairs. It’s the only sealed battery that I could find that was smaller than the stock battery and the same specs, it is a UB12120.

The foam is 1in thick closed cell foam. I am not sure what type of foam it is. It was left over from a project at work.

-Andie

I have made some good progress in the past few weeks.

Finished the seat it is now ready for the vinyl once it is all stitched.

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

I finally got my filters in so I was able to finish the battery box. I think the electronics will look good mounted on the outside of the battery box once everything is cleaned up and painted. I have given up on trying to hide everything there is not enough space with keeping the larger battery so I can keep the starter.

IMG_0537.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

I am happy to have most of the fabrication out of the way. There will be some brackets and other small things I will have to make for the lights and gauges but for now it is just a lot of cleaning adjusting and and re assembling.

I'm looking for filters for my 360. What size did you go with and where did you get them?

ohebon said:
I'm looking for filters for my 360. What size did you go with and where did you get them?

I don't remember the size but there is tons of info on the K&N site. They are K&N RU-2660 I think I ordered them from Jegs. They where expensive but I know that K&N makes a really solid filter.

-Andie

So the bike is now a pile of parts in my garage. I have a lot of work ahead of me I am trying not to lose hope.
I cleaned up the engine a bit and got it ready for some paint. Still trying to decide if I want to paint the top end or just try to get it a little shinier.

This week I will be stripping the frame, cutting off the center stand, and finishing up some welding.

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

It has been a few weeks but I have been moving along. I got the frame, swing arm, and various other parts striped and ready for fresh paint. This weekend I will be turning the garage into a spray booth. I got the wheels cleaned up and new all balls bearings and seals installed. Also got some new parts and a pretty sweet helmet in the mail. I started looking at how to make the controls and master cylinder work with these clip-ons haven't quite figured it out yet but, I do know I will have to make a spacer so the master cylinder clears the end of the clip-on.

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

-Andie

Set up the garage and started the painting

Paint stripper is awesome!
IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

man what kind of stripper is that! mine works nothing like that...

oh... you should do something to make the honda pop out of the side cover

looks good... keep us posted

I think its is called Tal-Strip it has a large airplane and many skull and cross bones on the can. You know it is good stuff when the whole back of the can is health and safety warnings.

wreck it buy a new one (see what i did there?)

i'm digging the progress, and that cover came out gorgeous.

Fantastic work. I have a soft spot for low flat 2 up seats, and that rear hoop looks great.

Cool, I like the direction you're going with this one!
Do yourself a favor though.....take the spring off one of your back shocks...stick that puppy on and let the rear end sag.
I worry that you tire will contact the flat pan under your new seat. If I remember correctly there was a looped brace somewhere near the back that allowed the tire to swing up between the frame rails on max compression.
I hope I'm wrong, but check out Spiderman's gorgeous 450 build for the same issue...

Back
Top Bottom