1974 CB360 Fallin' Ditch Hell Ride

Sweet, I really like the way yours is turning out... when I get back stateside I want to turn my old sb350 into something similar... back home I have many fire roads and trails that can take you to some great surfing, but they are sketchy to take on a regular bike... my idea is a cb350 with enough off road pedigree to get me down some of those trails but not sacrifice the ability to putt around town when need be.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

5740427b59812c762633489d324a1621.jpg

A coating of liquid tape inside the points cover helps keep the shorts away.

Sonreir™ said:
Nice. Hard to find, those are.
Hit the eBay listing within minutes of its posting. $20 for the pickup and pump. Luck in all directions.

Just finished reading your build. Great work all around. Really nice bike. Bet she's a blast on those forest roads.

JukeJoint said:
Just finished reading your build. Great work all around. Really nice bike. Bet she's a blast on those forest roads.

Much thanks. Still not tuned as I'd like it. Plan is to go to a 28 or 30mm VM Mikuni. I need to get in touch with Murray about it.

I found 28mm Mikuni VM carbs at the Barber swap. Apparently they came off a BSA or something. After machining sleeves to adapt them, I got them installed and ran it. It makes a huge difference in how this bike runs...

174d854af7bf733dd11c7543b554512d.jpg

Awesome.
Did you change the jetting from the bsa or just toss it on there?

SONIC. said:
Awesome.
Did you change the jetting from the bsa or just toss it on there?

Just went straight in to see how it will do. Needs adjustment at the top end @ >4k

I tried VM28 flat slides on my old 360... I could never get the needle selection quite right. But there was certainly potential. I gave up and went back to stock carbs.

3DogNate said:
I tried VM28 flat slides on my old 360... I could never get the needle selection quite right. But there was certainly potential. I gave up and went back to stock carbs.

I’m actually coming down to 28 from 32. I know a couple of guys who ran VM28’s on the 378 with great results.

I can’t remember if you went to 378 on yours.

irk miller said:
I’m actually coming down to 28 from 32. I know a couple of guys who ran VM28’s on the 378 with great results.

I can’t remember if you went to 378 on yours.

I did go to 378.. but I could never get that cursed bike to run well more than a short period of time.. VERY fussy bike. I got tired of having to mess with it every time I wanted to run it... I know you other guys have much better luck with your 360s than i did.

Figured out that I need a dual outlet petcock. Its not filling the bowls like it should.

Also, working on a much better seat to bring this into the Desert Sled realm...

3680ecfdb2b9ff65e5a00c57c827f92b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom