New Jersey sr500 tracker/scrambler

how much clearance do you have at full bump ? is it set at full bump plus some ?
if you have it on the tire at full bump you will destroy it on the tire ,eventually (ther seat pan)
you need at least and inch
i am only trying to help if you have it set at the same clearance as the rear fender was then you are good but you cant go lower than the stock fender unless you resrtict the shock travel

I asked ha on how much the shocks compress but haven't gotten a response yet so just waiting on that but I should be good this bump plus the added .5 inch should be fine.

Nj732port said:
Don't I have to wax the aluminum tape to get the fiberglass to not stick?! :eek:

I never have. But maybe you're using a different resin than I used...

For me that's what the aluminum tape is for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nj732port said:
I asked ha on how much the shocks compress but haven't gotten a response yet so just waiting on that but I should be good this bump plus the added .5 inch should be fine.
nobody on the internet told me
gooddam that has got to be a first,i thought the internet was for telling people what to do

we are talking about wheel travel which is always more than shock travel at least 25% more on your bike with its geometry
why dint you just do it yourself ?,it such an astoundingly simple thing to do :-\ FfS (FER FUKS SAKE) a retarded 3rd grader could do it ,MY APOLOGIES TO THE RETARDS and you will not get the same or correct answer for it from anybody but doing it yourself
there is no better way to understand it either that is to perform the test and observe with your own bloodshot eyes

keep going nj it looks great. you've done more than most would have.

Actual wheel travel was discussed on the shout board. There's a lot of missing banter on this project. NJ i would suggest at least making notes of what you discuss on the shout board so that you can log the thinking here. That way you can go back to reference what needs to change if it doesnt work.

You have increased clearance. Go ahead with the project, finish the bike. If it rubs at any time later on, you now have the skills and knowledge to address that. Thank yourself.

DohcBikes said:
keep going nj it looks great. you've done more than most would have.

Actual wheel travel was discussed on the shout board. There's a lot of missing banter on this project. NJ i would suggest at least making notes of what you discuss on the shout board so that you can log the thinking here. That way you can go back to reference what needs to change if it doesnt work.

You have increased clearance. Go ahead with the project, finish the bike. If it rubs at any time later on, you now have the skills and knowledge to address that. Thank yourself.

Dohc! You're alive! Holy shit I thought you were actually dave mirra! I just picked up the wax and heading home to do the first layers!

redwillissuperman said:
I think he removed the shocks entirely to make his dent.

No shocks at all I have pics of how I lowered the frame down a few pages back you are right 8)

xb33bsa said:
how much clearance do you have at full bump ? is it set at full bump plus some ?
if you have it on the tire at full bump you will destroy it on the tire ,eventually (ther seat pan)
you need at least and inch
i am only trying to help if you have it set at the same clearance as the rear fender was then you are good but you cant go lower than the stock fender unless you resrtict the shock travel

Alex tanner will help you relax. ;)

Wax, first two layers it's cold in the basement so might take long to set but hopefully it sets -_-

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    591.8 KB · Views: 326
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    770.9 KB · Views: 315
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 334
This shit is cool! Came out great I gotta trim some more but I been drinkin so I don't want to do it right now, I wish I added color to the resin. I want to add some kind of plate/brake light holder onto the back I wanted a strip the length of the plate. Probably order something tonight off eBay or Amazon

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 313
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 330
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 325
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 327
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 307
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    989.9 KB · Views: 326
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 336
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 334
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 331
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 333
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 317
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 341
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 326
Hey thanks for checkin out my seat pan, I gotta get some dremel cut off wheels and clean it up a bit more and figure out if im going to make some kind of rear mount for a LED strip and a license plate. I am still undecided on whether or not I want to try and put the foam on my self or if I shud just have an eupholstery shop do it.

That's a lobster roll from a place in point pleasant NJ that my girlfriend wants to go to, probably this weekend. its just chunks of lobster and butter exactly what shud be on a lobster roll!

Back
Top Bottom