Fireplace redo

Maritime

Over 10,000 Posts
Well the new house has an ugly fireplace. Going to fix that. They po put a brand new sealed insert in so a new stone surround should dress it up nicely.

Before and half done.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346695118293.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346695118293.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 488
  • uploadfromtaptalk1346695156430.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346695156430.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 484
Dig the natural stone. I've got an ass ugly fireplace too, just can't find the time to redo it. Just refinished a bathroom. Time to take a break (and work on the bikes).

One of these days I swear I'm gonna have time to ride instead if work on this damn house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spent 2solid days so far. Have the sides completed now and hope to get the face completed tomorrow. Cutting rock with an angle ginder is hard dusty work. But the finished product will be worth it.

I had to extend the hearth. It was too small for code so. We figured we should re face with the stone. It will be ready for winter soon.

Thanks, got the cement board at lunch today to fill in the 4 vent holes. Should have the stone all on the front tonight or tomorrow. We did 12X24 polished porcelin tiles for the hearth top. Poor mans marble. Looks really nice though. Easy to repair if one should get cracked etc. Hope to have it all finished up as the front master came in fro the GL so that will be next.

Tonights progress. Started late but got a bunch done. Going quick. less cuts. Took a bit to figure out best way to close up old vents.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346809643678.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346809643678.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,064
Really nice work mike ! Im still working on my bathroom and every time Care asks me " maybe we should do this or that (read me ) " i say not till bathroom is done dear and head out to the shop LOL

Ha, I know. Jill helps out on most things but this is kind of a one person job. Once this is done it will be new MC time on the GL and some work on the electrics to stop the stalling in the rain issue, then a new hitch install on the Nissan so I can haul a trailer to pick up motorsickles. ;D

Oh yeah and your new avitar gave me nightmares last night because I was reading the sock monkey thread on my phone just before bed. It is freaky.

Sweet man! thats looking heaps better. Now this is in the lakeside (st john river :D) House yeah?

Yep, we are on the tale end of a headpond from one of 3 damns on the river, quite wide and deep. I have not had a chance toget this finished, wed night had friends arrive before I could start and last night the brush cutter shit the bed just as my wife wanted to finish cutting the over growth in the yard so I spent the night fixing it. So tonight I am hoping to complete this to get the living room back in order.

Spent 4.5 hrs tonight. Almost done. Just have to grout tile on hearth and seal stone and it is finished. I would say much improved. Cheers.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347071665809.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347071665809.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 625
Nice work mike now have yourself a few beers man enjoy !!!

DreadRock said:
Nice work mike now have yourself a few beers man enjoy !!!

I did thanks, finished the grout and just need to seal the stone before the first fire of the season. Lots of work but worth it.

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom