Haojin hj15/Honda cg125 charging problems

I got it up and running again
I measure 3-5v ac between the yellow and the pink, disconnected from the RR
What do you think?

Very low voltage. I think your stator and/or rotor is the problem.

Just to eliminate the last possible issue, be sure all of the wires and terminals on the stator are in good condition. Try to remove any corrosion and check for breaks in the wire.

I measured it right where the wires come out of the stator.
The rotor is the same as the flywheel right?
What could be wrong with that?

On older bikes the magnetism can deteriorate. If the stator tests good, the rotor can be the problem.

It’s from 2011 so don’t you think that it’s the stator?
I think I have done all the tests that I could, so from here, it’s the best guess witch one is the problem, and don’t you think there is a bigger chance that it’s the stator?

Hi again
Just put in the new stator and still only have 3-6 v AC between white and pink wires
I am so puzzled, I have never experienced a faulty flywheel before, but what else could it be?

It will still be one of three things:
1.) Bad stator (again?)
2.) Bad rotor (aka flywheel)
3.) Bad multimeter

A few other items came to mind:

1.) Possible short circuit in the wiring. Small enough to drain the power the alternator is producing or located in a location that wouldn't blow a fuse.
2.) Too much power draw in the system (usually a result of aftermarket components such as a new headlight or ignition coils)
3.) Bad battery. Low internal resistance on a bad battery will cause it to use up power from the alternator.

Thanks sonreir but none of those , very good suggestions , could result in the fact that I only measure 3-6Vac directly from the white and pink wire, when they are disconnected from the loom. Right?

That's a very low AC reading, yes. Normally I would expect to see 12-20VAC at idle and closer to 50VAC as you reach 4000-5000 RPM.

And I tested the multimeter in the house where we have 220vac and that’s also what the meter is showing!
So maybe it is the flywheel after all

Back
Top Bottom